Actually, this came in the mail on Wensday, but I've been busy playing it as much as possible. So I've been GASing over these guitars since I first seen them a long time ago. In late June/early July, I decided to save some cash up and get myself one. I sold the guitars I didn't play anymore to fund towards this, but like always, stuff came up and it slowed me down quite a bit. Anyways, I'm extremely happy I was able to pick this up, and the seller is a cool dude over on the ESP USA Forum, and I hven't thanked him enough for hooking me up with this deal.

Here it is, my new Caparison Horus Black Night:

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

I appologize for my poor photography skills.

Anyways, for those of you who have seen these guitars in person, you may know that the color pictured is brighter than the guitar actually is. I've come to find that it's nearly impossible to get a picture of these guitars to show there real finish. I baught this guitar never playing or even seeing one in person, so I was pretty nervous about spending that kind of cash on something I wasn't even sure if I'd like. It currently has an EMG 85/SA set, but the seller was nice enough to throw in a free EMG 81 as well, so I'll be comparing the two. Very soon I'll be shipping this guitar away to get work done, including getting rounded frets and fretboard. I'll also be on a pickup search for both this guitar and my ESP Eclipse, but I'm strongly considering a Bare Knuckle Warpig in the bridge and a Dimarzio Fast Track 2, Air Norton S or a Chopper in the neck possition. Now that I have this guitar taken care of, the next thing on my list is to get a new amp/rig together.

**Also, for those who may ask, the only guitars I now have are my ESP Eclipse and this Caparison Horus left. I'm currently using a Peavey Ultra Plus 120, Peavey 4x12 with Celestion G12K85's, BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer and MXR 10 Band EQ in the loop and a MXR OD for a boost and NS-2 Noise Suppressor running up front. Sounds almost identical to the Peavey XXX. Hopefully this will all be how I want it in a few months though **
Sweet guitar!! Joel Stroetzel plays these doesn't he? Is the floyd an original or licensed?
What are you talking about with the paint getting mucky?

And the trem is a Schaller, which I prefer over both LFR and OFR.
Quote by caraluzzo
What are you talking about with the paint getting mucky?

And the trem is a Schaller, which I prefer over both LFR and OFR.

Sweet. Congrats! This thing looks great. 27 frets and I love the headstock. I've yet to play one of them though.

eyeEDIT: how much did you pay for it? (if you don't mind me asking)
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 30, 2009,
I've wanted one of these since i started seeing Christopher Amott play them. Actually, I want the Ninja, too, but they've been discontinued since Michael dropped from ESP. You can't find these anywhere because they don't make them anywhere. I love the headstocks on them. They'ye like a leaf or something, but bad ass. I truly envy you, sir.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Last edited by CaRveItiNbass at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
I've wanted one of these since i started seeing Christopher Amott play them. Actually, I want the Ninja, too, but they've been discontinued since Michael dropped from ESP. You can't find these anywhere because they don't make them anywhere. I love the headstocks on them. They'ye like a leaf or something, but bad ass. I truly envy you, sir.

They only have a couple dealers in the USA, I think like 3 or 4. The only two I know of are Axe Palace and Guitar Asylum, and I wouldn't risk going to Guitar Asylum after others I know having problems buying from there. If you're interested in one, your best bet is BRL Guitar Works, which is located in Canada, but Budd is an awesome dude who will help you out in any way possible. Like I said, I baught this without ever playing one before, but I couldn't be much happier. Keep in mind that they're hard to find cause not to many get made. They only get out between about 30-40 guitars a month total, which is only a handful of each model being make each year compared to bigger companys. I will say that the quality of the Horus is much better than any Standard Series ESP, Jackson, Ibanez ect. I've played. Although, it's all personal preferance as well I suppose.

Thanks everything, I'm very happy with this purchase.
Quote by eyebanez333
Sweet. Congrats! This thing looks great. 27 frets and I love the headstock. I've yet to play one of them though.

eyeEDIT: how much did you pay for it? (if you don't mind me asking)

PM me for what I paid.
Also, these sold for $1900 before, but theres a 18% increase on price for this year.. incase somebody was interested in one.
happy new guitar day, tis a true beast indeed
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks everybody. For those of you who have the chance to check one of the Capa's out, I'd suggest doing so. All there necks are slightly different, and the MJR Dellinger has it's own shape as well. I've had this one for a few days and already want another.