I resurrected a thread on these guys in the punk forum, but was told they belonged here.

Personally, I really like the song Abandon Ship...most of the album is ok though. I'll probably see them at Warped this year.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Last edited by Thebiz at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by Thebiz
I resurrected a thread on these guys in the punk forum, but was told they belonged here.

Personally, I really like the song Abandon Ship...most of the album is ok though. I'll probably see them at Warped this year.

If your talking about Gallows and not THE Gallows then their pretty bad.....their vocalist is only in it for money so he can become a tatoo artist which is apparently his real dream.
Everything they've released so far has been good fun, but I'm really not stoked on Gold Dust, and seeing as the new album is supposed to sound alot like it, I'm not expecting anything brilliant from the new release. They used to be fantastic live, but they've realised they don't have to make an effort anymore, and they're a shadow of what they once were.
the main problem i have with them is that the songs all get so fucking boring so quickly. seen em live, they were good but all three supports were better. still really occasionally listen to a few tunes though.

at the very least they might turn a few kids onto hardcore, possibly some that will stick around for the right reasons. they're a gateway band these days.
Everytime I die are main support for the UK tour so if they get another great band such as Ghost of a Thousand will probably end up going.
Saw Gallows at reading fest this year and wasnt too impressed at all, Cancer Bats were much better further down the bill.
Time to bring this thread up, new album in 10 days....

AND THE WHOLE ALBUM IS NOW BEING STREAMED ON MYSPACE

LINK

For me, its better than the first album, by a long shot. I like it ALOT.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by RawrSlinky
If your talking about Gallows and not THE Gallows then their pretty bad.....their vocalist is only in it for money so he can become a tatoo artist which is apparently his real dream.

HA!

make money from being in a hardcore punk band :P

funny

i kid i kid!
Quote by treflip
The new album is abysmal. Discuss.

Agreed. I enjoyed a song or two from the old album, but the new stuff is just boring. Extraordinarily boring.
never got into this bands stuff prior to this album.. gotta say im actually digging his new vocals a lot more than the old ones and i think the music nots bad. not something id get down to all the time though. maybe if i enjoyed their older stuff more..
Their guitar player Steph is pretty cool. He talks about his guitar gear and new album in this Interview . Looks like they are playing warped - looking forward to it this summer.
You guys are insane, the new album is great. Just because it isn't sheer, unbridled rage doesn't mean it isn't interesting, or heavy. Its a focused attack that starts slowly and builds up. I loved Orchestra Of Wolves, and I love Grey Britain just the same.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']You guys are insane, the new album is great. Just because it isn't sheer, unbridled rage doesn't mean it isn't interesting, or heavy. Its a focused attack that starts slowly and builds up. I loved Orchestra Of Wolves, and I love Grey Britain just the same.
It isn't that it "isn't sheer, unbridled rage," it's just significantly more boring than the last album. It's a lot slower moving, more generic and the vocals are so much less unique and powerful.
Quote by saxaxe
It isn't that it "isn't sheer, unbridled rage," it's just significantly more boring than the last album. It's a lot slower moving, more generic and the vocals are so much less unique and powerful.

To be fair, Frank had problems with his voice during the recording of the album.

He has this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroesophageal_reflux_disease
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409