So as of now I have a classic 30 and I use it for all of my sounds, from clean to hardcore. Now I really like the hardcore sound it gives out because it sounds a lot like a 6505 when I boost the c30, but it's a bit noisy because it's being pushed so hard... So I was wondering if it was a good idea to get a 6505 as a OD channel and use the c30 as my clean/crunch. I won't be doing this right away as I just got a band started up, but if things start going well and we get a few gigs around town then maybe I'd think about getting one of these new 6505's with an ABY switch.

Is this a good idea?
Anyone know any decent ABY switches?
What problems could arise from this, other than it being a pain from carrying two amps around all the time.
Would I be better of selling the c30 and just getting a $1000-$1500 amp to suit me. If so what would you suggest. I like the tones of Saosin, Our Last Night, Underoath, protest the hero...
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
So as of now I have a classic 30 and I use it for all of my sounds, from clean to hardcore. Now I really like the hardcore sound it gives out because it sounds a lot like a 6505 when I boost the c30, but it's a bit noisy because it's being pushed so hard... So I was wondering if it was a good idea to get a 6505 as a OD channel and use the c30 as my clean/crunch. I won't be doing this right away as I just got a band started up, but if things start going well and we get a few gigs around town then maybe I'd think about getting one of these new 6505's with an ABY switch.

Is this a good idea?
Anyone know any decent ABY switches?
What problems could arise from this, other than it being a pain from carrying two amps around all the time.
Would I be better of selling the c30 and just getting a $1000-$1500 amp to suit me. If so what would you suggest. I like the tones of Saosin, Our Last Night, Underoath, protest the hero...

If you have the money, I won't protest. However, make sure you love the 6505 before you buy a second amp to A/B

If you wire it wrong, one or both the amps will catch on fire and burn down a building.

I think Saosin uses Mesa Dual Recs, so maybe look at some Mesas?
You can A/B amps with no problems. I use a Morley A/B/Y switch to change between my two amps. You can pick these up for around $45 USD on ebay.