Page 1 of 2
Searched, didn't find one so thought I'd start one after one of the most amazing tennis games I've ever seen. Nadal and Verdasco, 5 hours and 14 minutes of pure epic. Any other tennis fans on UG? I'm hoping Federer can beat Nadal in the final...
Every day

is exactly

the same...
I'm with you on this one, never really liked Nadal. I saw Federer V Roddick that was INSANE! the most marvelous tennis I've ever seen.
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Gah, I can't watch it because they put it on another sports channel which I don't get.

I feel so pissed off when they put 2 minutes of highlights on the news.
yeah i just saw the rafael vs. fernando match, o.m.g. i dont usually even like tennis but that was awesome. i was going for nadal the whole time coz he has the same name as a ninja turtle
----------------------------------------

Quote by Jacob6293
why couldn't the boy with only seven toes eat his own feet?

he was lack toes intolerant!!!!!!!

Quote by lzcougarz3
Mom keeps me clinically obese so I won't run away.
Last week, you could buy 3 gatorade for $5 from coles, no kidding.
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
I would have had the most mind numbingly boring holidays if the tennis wasn't on, I don't know what I would have done.

But of course it was going to end up roger v rafa. I think roger will win because he has the edge over rafa on hard courts.
yeah ive never watched an entire 5 set match start to finish and i just decided to do it last night, and it just happened to be the longest match in the Australian Open aaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!! i wanted verdesco to win coz itd be easier for roger, cept after watching that im not sure it wouldve been easie
Last edited by tom1thomas1 at Jan 31, 2009,
I can't wait for the final, it's gonna be awesome!

I would love to see Roger win. I think they are both awesome, but it would be nice to see that despite losing to Rafa at Wimbledon, Roger is still capable of winning major tournaments.

Fingers crossed for some ridiculous 5 set, 6 hour epic!
It is about time a Spaniard took the number one. I don't think that Federer willl take the titlte back from Nadal anytime soon.

Nadal owns. and federer is old.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
epic match last night. wanted verdasco to win but he doesnt have enough experience against federer so he most likely would have lost.

I hope federer retires. I hate him.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Seryaph

Nadal owns. and federer is old.

Federer is 27...

Nadal is the future of tennis no doubt. But I don't think Roger is finished just yet.
Quote by jhardcore
Federer is 27...

Nadal is the future of tennis no doubt. But I don't think Roger is finished just yet.

That is old in Tennis world. High profile players retire in their very, very early 30's if they don't do it in their late 20s.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Pity Verdasco went out on a double-fault..
Was hoping he the match would have went on longer
Quote by Seryaph
That is old in Tennis world. High profile players retire in their very, very early 30's if they don't do it in their late 20s.

Agassi played until he was 36.

I can't see Federer going on that long, but I definitely don't see him retiring before he is 30.
I'm rooting for Federer, though to be fair I've never been a huge tennis fan. I was just very impressed with his comeback against Byrdich (sp?) which is the only match I've watched in the open.
Anyone watching the Women's Final now?

Serena Williams is absolutely slaughtering Safina.
Come on Roger!!

The Fed Exress deserves to equal (and hopefully beat Sampras's) record of Grand slam's. He has been instrumental in taking the game to a new level.

Nadal is a great player but I don't think he will get anywhere near to this number of slams and I also don't think that he will go on to totally dominate the game as Federer has done.
I don't mind tennis, but Lleyton's "COME OOOONNNN" is getting quite frigging annoying. He hasn't played well since he married Bec.
Serena Williams played amazingly well.
Her serves were insane.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Bit late with the Aussie open thread....

Yeah Williams just destroyed Safina.

My money is on Federer for tommorow. Nadal is good on hard courts now, but Federer is the master.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I saw a hilarious thing on the men's toilet cubicle wall at the Rod Laver the other day -

Be here at 1.30pm for manly sex - Love Lleyton Hewitt

It was classic.
Anyone watch the legends' rematch between Pat Cash and that Swedish guy? That was hilarious!
Quote by leephan
Anyone watch the legends' rematch between Pat Cash and that Swedish guy? That was hilarious!

Haha that was brilliant, and Pat Cash was serving as fast as Federer!
Every day

is exactly

the same...
God the Roddick vs. Federer was amazing. I'm really sad that Sharapova was out this year though.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
God the Roddick vs. Federer was amazing. I'm really sad that Sharapova was out this year though.

i really wanted roddick to win
hes my favorite tennis player....his serve is amaazing

and yes i too am dissapointed that sharapova was out.......

there was some other one.....that was almost as hot....i cant remember her name though
Quote by geetar_man0
i really wanted roddick to win
hes my favorite tennis player....his serve is amaazing

and yes i too am dissapointed that sharapova was out.......

there was some other one.....that was almost as hot....i cant remember her name though

I wanted Dokic to win mostly because of all the crap shes been through, but oh well...

and i think you might be talking about Ana Ivanovic
(Invalid img)
Sail upon the open skies
i dont see why they have an american flag, a british flag and a french flag in the background of the performances, those opens have nothing to do with this match. They didnt even have a swiss or spanish flag

EDIT: This thread is now an Ana Ivanovic appreciation thread

Last edited by halvies at Feb 1, 2009,
**** you, the finals about to start. You can appreciate her after that . Omg omg omg omg. The excitement is too much! Cmoooon Federer
Every day

is exactly

the same...
I'm watching Federer VS Nadal now... my money is on Federer.. cause I like him better.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Last edited by thanksgiving at Feb 1, 2009,
Both players are playing some ridiculous winners that are just breathtaking. I personally want Federer to win but Nadal keeps playing to his weaker backhand, and when he does play it to the forehand Fed is ****ing it up. Federer was playing brilliantly in the middle of the first set but Nadal is a tricky bugger.

Should be an interesting match.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Both players are playing some ridiculous winners that are just breathtaking. I personally want Federer to win but Nadal keeps playing to his weaker backhand, and when he does play it to the forehand Fed is ****ing it up. Federer was playing brilliantly in the middle of the first set but Nadal is a tricky bugger.

Should be an interesting match.

what time is it in england?

cause in aus we always get the worlds sport at like 2 in the morning haha
Page 1 of 2