After putting some .10's on my strat the action went up a good amount, so I lowered it til it felt good, but the buzz was terrible, so I raised them up again and now the action is high but there isn't any buzz. I've messed around with the trem and the action some more but I can't get a good balance of no fret buzz and low action. Is the answer to adjust my truss rod??
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
Quote by austinb0309
After putting some .10's on my strat the action went up a good amount, so I lowered it til it felt good, but the buzz was terrible, so I raised them up again and now the action is high but there isn't any buzz. I've messed around with the trem and the action some more but I can't get a good balance of no fret buzz and low action. Is the answer to adjust my truss rod??

I believe that the Bass Guitar fourm's FAQ has a guide on adjusting your truss rod and how to do it. If you're downtuning lower then D standard, it could also be that.
I've been in standard lately, and I don't really drop below D so I'm guessing the problem is my truss rod
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
take care not to do anything wrong. the truss rod isn't a thing to be messing around. first, check that your neck is not bended to the left or right. if it is bended, the truss rod might be the answer, but then again, you have to know what you're doing.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
sounds like a truss rod problem yehh. like the guy above said look down the neck from the headstock down the sideof the neck and see how straight it is.