Page 1 of 2
You know those mornings when you cant remmeber what you did last night, but all you know now is that any sudden movement could cause you to hurl violently?

Im havin one of those mornings.

Do you guys have any special tricks for overcoming a nasty hangover?
Not drinking. I turn 21 on the 6th of February, and while I will go out and have a drink from time to time, my getting trashed on alcohol days are over. Alcohol is waaayyy to sloppy for me, I'd much rather smoke a bowl. Can still drive, can still operate. And, I don't get a hangover.
Pop a couple of ibuprofens and eat a piece of bread or crackers if you're queasy. Once you get over the queasy part, drink as much water as possible and eat a good meal. Caffeine and a shower usually helps me too. You could always start drinking again, get a lil hair of the dog that bit ya
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 30, 2009,
I know one thing for sure, don't drink milk. Coagulates in your stomach with the alcohol, and then usually comes back up. Had this happen to me one time after drinking some chocolate milk, and coagulated milk started coming out of my nose on the way to the bathroom. Oh my god, that horrible smell lasted for 2 days.
Lot's of water for SURE. Keep yourself hydrated. One thing that I found that works really well is Tomato Juice. I'm not sure why, but it works for me.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
Drink some more beer. Although it sounds nasty (and it is), with the bad taste in your mouth from the day before and all, but you do feel better. (According to the old saying 'beginnen met wa daj geëindigd zijt' which means 'start with what you ended' anyways)

Take some aspirins.

Drink loads of water.

The old brew of egg yolk(?), tobasco, pepper and beer seems to work too. Probably because you'll empty most of the contents of your stomach into the toilet.

Have fun trying those (no succes guaranteed)
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
Last edited by White Pony at Jan 30, 2009,
i usually have a fun bathroom visit for at least 20 min then eat something adn i feel better.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Theres no reall cure

But Loads of water
Few ibuprofens
Greasy Food
Vitamines
Shower.

Coupple of movies and rest..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
hah, i've got a hangover too buddy
go out and get some food, and have lots of liquid
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I'd go with lots of water, milk, something that doesn't taste to much and is easy to throw up.
Drink til' you throw up and do this, til' you don't have anything more too throw up... Just to get the alcohol out of your stomach..

I don't know if this is too healthy, but then again... Is alcohol?

This usually works for me..
mmmh, i understand you, and Mcone. i also had to throw up chocolate milk. nasty.

in your place, take a cool chower (not too cool, though) and rest as much as you can. time is your only help. (yeah that sucks... but that's my experience)
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
watching tv series on your laptop in bed is a must

have big fry up

drink water

coke and orange juice taste damn good when im hungover also
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
this will sound odd, but if you go for a run, you can sweat out your hangover, because all a hangover is alcohol that has not been passed through your body by either taking a piss, a **** or throwing up. this alcohol that doesn't pass that way (roughly 5%) settles in your stomach, hence feeling the way you are now.

by the way, if you do go for a run, your sweat will smell like alcohol, really bad. but you'll feel better-that is if you can move properly.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by sabres61
this will sound odd, but if you go for a run, you can sweat out your hangover, because all a hangover is alcohol that has not been passed through your body by either taking a piss, a **** or throwing up. this alcohol that doesn't pass that way (roughly 5%) settles in your stomach, hence feeling the way you are now.

by the way, if you do go for a run, your sweat will smell like alcohol, really bad. but you'll feel better-that is if you can move properly.

for some odd reason, this sounds like my best option, if not for the foot of snow on the ground...
Quote by sabres61

actually a hangover is mostly caused by dehydration and a lack of nutrients, going for a run can make this worse.

the best thing to do is frink a bottle of gatorade and take a multivitamin before you go to bed after drinkoing, because theres really not much youc an do to get rid of a hangover once you;ve got one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
There is chemical reasons behind drinking a lot of water and breathing fresh air (oxigen). I almost never get a hangover since i drink a lot of water, i have at least one 1,5l bottle of water in arms reach from bed. The other thing is that i should walk for 0,5-1 hour to get home from the local clubs, pubs and discos so i breath a lot of fresh air on my way home.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Quote by Daneeka
There is chemical reasons behind drinking a lot of water and breathing fresh air (oxigen). I almost never get a hangover since i drink a lot of water, i have at least one 1,5l bottle of water in arms reach from bed. The other thing is that i should walk for 0,5-1 hour to get home from the local clubs, pubs and discos so i breath a lot of fresh air on my way home.

Ya, i normally down a whole bottle of water right before i sleep. For some reason i skipped that step last night.
Quote by PinkFloyd73
Gatorade? How well would that work?

I find it works a bit better than water if you drink it before you go to bed, because alcohol leeches sodium from your body and the gatorade replaces that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by PinkFloyd73
Gatorade? How well would that work?

Gatorade will help out. Just about any liquid, besides milk, will help with the dehydration.
Best way for me is to drink ice cold water before I sleep. About 1.5 liters. Gatorade the morning after. When I don't drink water before bed I fell all dried out when I wake up.
My things:
Rocket Stratocaster (Cheap Copy )
Zoom 1010
Really cheap stock amp fitted with a Dean Markley speaker
Water...or more alcohol...>_>
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Just keep drinking and stay drunk forever, that way you won't have a hangover

let it go flat first, works wonders. Alternatively, Lucozade Sport.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Shred Head
Water, and craploads of it. Gatorade works too

this. Powerade and a mars bar (milky way) always gets me past the queasy stage...
then a full english settles me for the rest of the day
Quote by jgbsmith

let it go flat first, works wonders. Alternatively, Lucozade Sport.

Yes! Irn Bru is the champion of hangover cures.
Its as if that stuff was made for it.

And to those saying go for a run have clearly never had a hangover as thats the last thing you would want to do and would make you spew everywhere.
heres the trick my man... drugs wont help you (ibuprofen etc.) so dont even bother. drink gatorade and lots of it. just keep sippin away at it. if you can stomach it eat the greasiest meal you can think of, like a fat plate of bacon and eggs with toast. also take a big dump that usually helps.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by MCone
Not drinking. I turn 21 on the 6th of February, and while I will go out and have a drink from time to time, my getting trashed on alcohol days are over. Alcohol is waaayyy to sloppy for me, I'd much rather smoke a bowl. Can still drive, can still operate. And, I don't get a hangover.

can still drive? that ain't right brother

on topic: Gatorade, Mcdonalds, Advil Liqui-Gels, H2O in no particual order
Page 1 of 2