Hey, my first bass was a Dean that I bought for $99. Now I have a Squire VM and I love it. I have a 24 month warranty with the Dean, and when I got it she said if anything happens to the bass, just bring it in and they'll either give me a brand new bass at the same price or give me a check for $99. How could I pull this off? Thanks!
you could not be a jerk and sell it on
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Rob666Trezise
Just chip it or something then take it back and get a new bass.

How would I hurt it on purpose? Haha..

--- @scott - If I sold it, honestly how much would I be able to get for it?
Quote by CBNJ

depends who you conned into buying it and how quickly you wanted to get rid of it.

I'd put it on craigslist for $50, and it would probably move as a "nothing to lose" purchase pretty quickly.
Quote by CBNJ

maybe 75.

don't rip off the store, that's low. they give you an awesome warranty and you abuse it.

if you do this, you qualify for stupidity.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
maybe 75.

don't rip off the store, that's low. they give you an awesome warranty and you abuse it.

if you do this, you qualify for stupidity.

How is this ripping off the store at all? The woman said that if ANYTHING happens to it, bring it back and get a new bass/money back.
Last edited by CBNJ at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by CBNJ
How is this ripping off the store at all? The woman said that if ANYTHING happens to it, bring it back and all get a new bass/money back.

because they meant accidents, not if you decide you want a full refund.

that makes the stores business with you that one time useless. they lose money.

idiots like you kill my economy. do you work at a bank?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
because they meant accidents, not if you decide you want a full refund.

that makes the stores business with you that one time useless. they lose money.

idiots like you kill my economy. do you work at a bank?

Will they actually know if it's an accident? Nope, I don't work at a bank.
Quote by CBNJ
Will they actually know if it's an accident? Nope, I don't work at a bank.

does it matter? you know it wasn't.

and you should apply at a bank, I think you'll get along quite well with management.

the store will lose money from this. they may have to change their return policy if enough people do this, or they wont be able to afford this cool bass they were gonna bring in from some cool custom shop, and get this cheap ugly bass instead.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
does it matter? you know it wasn't.

and you should apply at a bank, I think you'll get along quite well with management.

the store will lose money from this. they may have to change their return policy if enough people do this, or they wont be able to afford this cool bass they were gonna bring in from some cool custom shop, and get this cheap ugly bass instead.

I don't think they'll hire me.

How much money would they actually lose on this? The bass was $99, and the warranty was $25.
Quote by CBNJ
I don't think they'll hire me.

How much money would they actually lose on this? The bass was $99, and the warranty was $25.

it doesn't matter. it's still robbery. that money could be polishing the instruments for a month.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity

it doesn't matter. it's still robbery. that money could be polishing the instruments for a month.

That's a shame. Maybe they shouldn't offer such long warranties for so cheap. But who knows, maybe they knew people would do this because when I bought my other bass, it was going to be $40 for the warranty.

Robbery is the crime of seizing property through violence or intimidation

How is this robbery at all?
Quote by CBNJ
That's a shame. Maybe they shouldn't offer such long warranties for so cheap. But who knows, maybe they knew people would do this because when I bought my other bass, it was going to be $40 for the warranty.

How is this robbery at all?

fine. it's swindling them.

and if you really go that way, I can't stop you. but I consider immoral.

if you owned the store, would you want some kid doing that to you?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

****in smart alec arent you, sell it on, were did you buy your squire.

Sell it to another fella who wants to start bass, for like 50.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by the humanity
fine. it's swindling them.

and if you really go that way, I can't stop you. but I consider immoral.

if you owned the store, would you want some kid doing that to you?

People do this kind of thing at all types of businesses. They probably make so much money at GC they won't even notice.

--@google - I bought my Squire at Robie's Music.
Quote by CBNJ
People do this kind of thing at all types of businesses. They probably make so much money at GC they won't even notice.

--@google - I bought my Squire at Robie's Music.

if this was at GC, then ok.

if it was a little store, then you suck.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Is that an online store or a local place.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
****in smart alec arent you, sell it on, were did you buy your squire.

Sell it to another fella who wants to start bass, for like 50.

This. If you're going to get rid of it, might as well help someone else on the road to bass playing.
If you want to rip them off, read the warranty card carefully.

It probably excludes accidental damage and will only cover a fault with the bass.

You could disconnect one of the wires inside the bass for it to qualify for a fault, a chip in the exterior would not count.

GC won't lose any money on it, they'll get it checked out, reattach the wire, sell the bass again for above the price they bought it for. Yes, they made less than they would have, but they'll still make a profit on it.

If it's scratched and dented, it'll go on sale for probably 10% less than they would sell it new, so $90.

And, they made up this $10, by charging you $25 for the waranty. This money will also cover the costs of repairing it. So if it takes $10 to repair, they've made $105 off this one bass. More than if they sold the bass without the warranty.

The only dilema you face here is the moral one. I myself wouldnt do it, upto you tho.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
just sell it the warranty probably won't work out for you anyways unless a pickup is ****ed or something so just sell it for cheap.
Keep On Keepen' On