Ive used limewire for years but I just cant get results for any less than popular bands on there anymore. Can anyone recommend me a program that I can safely get rare stuff on?
bit torrent

edit: and specific program, uTorrent. Then just browse torrent sites and go nuts.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Jan 30, 2009,
Warez-bb.org
Best ever.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
I use demonoid/bit lord.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
Quote by Da Squiz
Warez-bb.org
Best ever.

Amen....
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
I shouldn't really tell you, as it is illegal... But, hypothetically, if it wasn't illegal, i would hypothetically suggest you hypothetically use Bittorrent, and get the torrents from isohunt. It, hypothetically works wonders for hypothetical me.
Quote by Sacrebleu!
I shouldn't really tell you, as it is illegal... But, hypothetically, if it wasn't illegal, i would hypothetically suggest you hypothetically use Bittorrent, and get the torrents from isohunt. It, hypothetically works wonders for hypothetical me.

This is all simply hypothetical, of course.
Quote by happytimeharry
This is all simply hypothetical, of course.

Quite obviously, old bean
i would also hypothetically suggest bitlord/bit torrent.

and probably piratebay torrent site if it came to it
Is Bittorrent come with a high virus risk too? I plan on putting it on my laptop too which I dont like risking. As a matter of fact, can anyone link me to a really good free anti-virus program to put on my laptop?

edit- Ok I downloaded it. So how exactly does it work?
Last edited by FunkyFire at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by Sacrebleu!

I suggest checking out a law study in the future, it would suit you well

and get the torrents from isohunt.

This is illegal ad, so technically you could still be sued on this

and get the torrents from tnuhosi
i (backwards).

This is allowed

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by FunkyFire
Is Bittorrent come with a high virus risk too? I plan on putting it on my laptop too which I dont like risking. As a matter of fact, can anyone link me to a really good free anti-virus program to put on my laptop?

Using torrents has a VERY VERY LOW risk of virus' [due to the way it all works, etc.].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
hypothetically, if I were to pirate my musics, I would use Azureus and Transmission at the same time, and get torrents from thepiratebay. Obviously in real life I would never do such a thing
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Simsimius
Using torrents has a VERY VERY LOW risk of virus' [due to the way it all works, etc.].

that really depends on where you get the torrents, they are just as infectable as limewire downloads, but if you use a private or well monitored tracker everything is usually scanned, there are still some really shady torrents out there though.

Edit: also if you want a lot of realy rare stuff SLSK is the way to go.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by FunkyFire
As a matter of fact, can anyone link me to a really good free anti-virus program to put on my laptop?

Avast! home edition

Quote by FunkyFire

edit- Ok I downloaded it. So how exactly does it work?

Now just go to a torrent site (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, etc. Google is your friend), search for what you want, then open the file with uTorrent. It will automatically start to download. Someone I know told me all this. If I were to hypothetically take them up on their advice, this is what I would do.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that really depends on where you get the torrents, they are just as infectable as limewire downloads, but if you use a private or well monitored tracker everything is usually scanned, there are still some really shady torrents out there though.

Edit: also if you want a lot of realy rare stuff SLSK is the way to go.

But people can report torrents and get them removed if they contain a virus.
And a torrent containing a virus won't have many seeds [and would be removed from the tracker before long], so it would be difficult to distribute, thus no one really bothers using torrent to infect.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
But people can report torrents and get them removed if they contain a virus.
And a torrent containing a virus won't have many seeds [and would be removed from the tracker before long], so it would be difficult to distribute, thus no one really bothers using torrent to infect.

Like I said it depends on the tracker, I've gotten several infected torrents from thepiratebay back when I used it.

Last.fm
If you download Internet Download Manager, you can download any song from myspace by just playing it. And most other places that stream music.
hello
Quote by REMfan1
How about...
Itunes, maybe..

god no, even If you pay for music iTunes is pretty terrible. 128kb/s music files aren't really acceptable anymore.

Last.fm
iTunes.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
god no, even If you pay for music iTunes is pretty terrible. 128kb/s music files aren't really acceptable anymore.

Meh works for me
iTunes. Nice and legal.

Now let's see how long it takes for this to close.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
As long as you check the comments torrents are generally fine.

Still, it's a good idea to scan anything you download via a p2p method.