tell me about the career of a guitarist? just random stuff.. I did a search but was surprised to not find anything. once again for my english project.. thanks guys
Eric Clapton thought that sex was some kind of punishment until he was about 17/18. Then you could show your English class it isn't, through a demonstration!
sadly, a lot of drugs I think...

Favorite solos:

Comfortably Numb
Since I've Been Loving you
Wicked World
Mr. Crowley
Welcome To BucketheadLand
Perfect Crime
Lazy
Nightrain
The Lemon Song
Quote by Sacrebleu!
Eric Clapton thought that sex was some kind of punishment until he was about 17/18. Then you could show your English class it isn't, through a demonstration!

I'd feel punished if he showed me that.

TS, life as a musician equals being poor in most cases. Some people become professionals though that can make enough money to live with studio sessions, or with being hired to tour with someone else. Some also become teachers, or write books about teaching, music theory, tablature, yadda yadda yadda.
And a few become rock stars.
You either play three chords and make millions, or play complex br00tal stuff and starve.
if you can play you can definitely make a career out of it.
Session players are always in the studio and always making money.
Quote by dio_dude
You either play three chords and make millions, or play complex br00tal stuff and starve.

That is so disgustingly true in too many cases. Poor talented guitar players
Of course people like Richie Sambora go against that but I bet there are some fantastic players who we never got to hear from because they weren't 'catchy' enough or something.
Last edited by aaciseric at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by TW909
if you can play you can definitely make a career out of it.
Session players are always in the studio and always making money.

Hahaha. You are out of your mind.