Alright, so after doing a bunch of research on these 3 amps, i cannot decide which one to get for my practicing needs...
(which one is best suited for metal?)

Peavey Vypyr 15

Roland cube 15

Line 6 spider III 15
Quote by ricky10

(which one is best suited for metal?)

Peavey Vypyr 15

Roland cube 15

The Vypyr or the Cube, let your ears decide. Both are great practice amps. It's not an accident that I omitted the third amp on your list, it was intentional.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
When you try them be careful, plenty of noobs turn everything all the way up, make sure it won't screech when turned on.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
peavey makes quality amps
good tone i've been looking the the windsor half stack
check it out its only like 400$
dude get the vypyr or the cube.... but i would reccommend the cube 20.
also, i will be the broken record and say that the spider III is ultimate sh*t
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
get a Marshall mg 50 dfx
you cannot go wrong with one a them or a Vox (any Vox)
Last edited by BillyTalentRock at Jan 30, 2009,
alas..... the mg rec is here.
dont get it
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
alas..... the mg rec is here.
dont get it

If you go with the Cube, don't get the 15 or 20 watt versions. Their distortion is lacking compared to the others in the line. Get either the MicroCube or the 30x.
as an owner of the cube and the Spider III, id say go for the Vypyr. Unless my Cube came total crap, I think it is a terrible amp but yeah I recommend the Peavey. Just about to get one in a few weeks
I'm Steve
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
as an owner of the cube and the Spider III, id say go for the Vypyr. Unless my Cube came total crap, I think it is a terrible amp but yeah I recommend the Peavey. Just about to get one in a few weeks

What Cube do you have and have you tried the Vyper yet?
The Cube and Vypyr are both good amps, though I'd be tempted to save the extra and get the 30w versions in both cases. Out of the two I'd go for the Vypyr.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I'd hold off on the Vypyr. Ever since they came out there have been reports of Vypyr failures from hums to no sound at all.
Vypyr 15
the cube 15 doesnt have any built in effects (delay,reverb)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Its basically betwen the Peavey Vypyr 30 and the Roland Cube 30x. I'd have to say to go for the Peavey for a beginner because there is much more features that you can play with and get your tone right. It has presets and stompboxes + effects. Pre-gain, post-gain. Its just a good option all around.
Quote by The_Bosstone
Its basically betwen the Peavey Vypyr 30 and the Roland Cube 30x. I'd have to say to go for the Peavey for a beginner because there is much more features that you can play with and get your tone right. It has presets and stompboxes + effects. Pre-gain, post-gain. Its just a good option all around.

he wants the 15w version of the amps, which suck.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The 15w Vypyr isn't as good as the 30 watter, as you get: A no name speaker as opposed to a blue marvel, no stompboxes on the 15, and no sanpera input.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
he wants the 15w version of the amps, which suck.

Oh. TS, why would you want a 15w amp when you could get a 30w amp with way more features and just turn it down?
Quote by The_Bosstone
Oh. TS, why would you want a 15w amp when you could get a 30w amp with way more features and just turn it down?

the 30w is almost if not double the price of a 15w in most cases