Hey all UG Drummers

Just a quick question. I'm having a little trouble with playing, for example, straight 8th's with my pedal on my hats, while playing some bass drum beat, with right hand on the ride and left on snare and crash. My feet always get mixed up.

I know I'm explaining my situation a bit vaguely, so listen to Going in Blind by P.O.D. The chorus has this beat in it.

Any advice on getting my feet to work together would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Aguamento

I'm glad he handled it calmly. Joe Satriani should realize that with only 7 notes in the world, some songs are going to sound similar.

My Gear

Yamaha G-225
Ibanez RG7321
Santa-fe 5 String
Ahead 7A Drumsticks
Hey buddy, if you want to collaborate online mssage me. I can only do guitar or bass and need drums to fill up my MP3s.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
You will get used to it, keep practicing and you'll have it before you know.

this.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by St.Loony

There's no "s" in there.

All joking aside... just keep practicing. Though i'm not a drummer, i'm sure a good way to start off would be by breaking it down in peaces. Start off first with just the hi-hats and bass drum beat and slowly add each part.

EDIT: try asking here
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 30, 2009,
'fraid there's not much for it but practise. Also, get a teacher if you haven't already, drums aren't an easy instrument to learn.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
you mean playing the drum off-beat or like...having the hi play 8ths and ur bass doing a quick 2 16ths?

well..it took me a while, but i practiced loads.

Also, i found if i move my hi-hat hand/stick around in circles (sounds daft) while hitting it, helps a LOT. You think more about the circle and less about what you're drumming. Now i can play those rythmns easy
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha