so i wrote a really bad ass fast riff that fits the song around it, and it was intended to be the solo riff. problem is, i cant finad a technique short of sweeping that can fit it. i was either gonna try and shred like hell through it, or just leave it as a riff with no solo. any suggestions on soloing over a fast riff??
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Yeah like malchius said. Start practicing your "impossible riff" slowly with a metronome and then little by little make it go faster and faster
I got stucked on Jump In The Fire's riff... I slowed down to 40 'til I got 120... Time division is also important.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can play the riff just fine, but can't think of what to solo over it, right? I'm going to respond assuming that's right and then I'll say something else if it's incorrect.

Fast music often calls for a fast solo. Sure, a slow solo over some fingerpicking will yield that emotion so many seem to love, but there's more than one emotion music can describe. If fast shredding sounds good, play that. If you don't like that sound, play something else. If this just isn't a good riff over which to solo, write a new riff and solo over that.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can play the riff just fine, but can't think of what to solo over it, right? I'm going to respond assuming that's right and then I'll say something else if it's incorrect.

Fast music often calls for a fast solo. Sure, a slow solo over some fingerpicking will yield that emotion so many seem to love, but there's more than one emotion music can describe. If fast shredding sounds good, play that. If you don't like that sound, play something else. If this just isn't a good riff over which to solo, write a new riff and solo over that.

thats what i meant!!!! i can play the riff fine, or else i wouldnt have written it. thanks for the advice
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.