38 24%
I am looking for a job
79 49%
I have a job
44 27%
Voters: 161.
Page 1 of 2
Quote by SG_dave
i got a job from my first application... i applied at McDonalds just after spring had started last year.

TBH that doesn't surprise me, nobody wants to work there so they can't afford to have high employment standards.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by SG_dave
i got a job from my first application... i applied at McDonalds just after spring had started last year.

Can you convince me to work there? Ready?

GO! (And yes I've been looking since November. Not a single interview)
I got made redundant just before xmas and have been looking since, nothing around here though, damn you credit crunch, damn you to hell.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
unemployed and not currently looking.

i lost my job about a month ago when the grocery store i worked at closed. i had been working there for about 3.5 years at that point.

now i am getting unemployment compensation. it is only about $115 per week, but thats enough for me since i am in school right now.
I've been looking for two or three months, and hundreds of applications later, not one interview. I'm getting desperate, my college loans are coming due in a few days. I don't know what i'm gonna do
Working since October...
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Just got a job at Mcdonalds. For the interview i was there for 4 minutes and she asked me one question about a situation which she told me the answer to.

Apparently it is a good place to work because the people are fun and you get some good offers on phone contracts and stuff. Plus you choose when you work.
I started working at a movie theater when I was 16. I was an usher but later became a projectionist. It was awesome. I got to see every movie for free. Now I work at a radio station as a board operator. It kicks ass too.
Last edited by Powerhouse at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by kyshack
I have a pretty decent job. why did your interview go so badly?

It was for a telemarketing job and honestly I just want an easy job that I can do until August (I'm moving away that month). The guy that was interviewing me said that he wanted someone to be his apprentice to become a junior executive and I wasn't ready for that at all. My mind just kind of blanked out and I gave him the most BS reasons for me wanting to work there. He then asked me if I can handle rejection. I said yes and he just nodded his head while looking at my resume. He said he would let me know on monday if I got the job or not, but it's pretty obvious that I didn't get it.
Quote by daytripper75
unemployed and not currently looking.

i lost my job about a month ago when the grocery store i worked at closed. i had been working there for about 3.5 years at that point.

now i am getting unemployment compensation. it is only about $115 per week, but thats enough for me since i am in school right now.

Don't you only get unemployment compensation for a fixed amount of time though?
No I'm not looking, being a student takes too much time.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Masamune
Don't you only get unemployment compensation for a fixed amount of time though?

i think i can get it for a year actually. i know they recently extended it because of the economic crisis.

i'm only planning on doing it until the end of August though. this summer i am going on a 2 month road trip all across the US. i have $4000 saved, which should be enough for that. the unemployment is enough so that i dont have to spend the money i have saved. once i get back I plan on working again. but for now i am just focusing on school.
I work at McDizzles but I'm looking for a new job when I get to uni.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Just got rehired at McDs. Feel very grateful

You mess with the flag, you're still a spade
I just got my work permit to work in Canada on Wednesday, I got a Job yesterday and start on Monday! wooo
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Supertait
I just got my work permit to work in Canada on Wednesday, I got a Job yesterday and start on Monday! wooo

Thats awesome man!

You mess with the flag, you're still a spade
I'm a murder club dope pedal rider
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by figerade
Thats awesome man!

yeah i'm pretty 'stoked' as you people say!

Shame for future shop that i'm leaving to go back to England in 6 months.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
I have a job at a supermarket so if I wanted I could spend the rest of my life working there because I'm good at it. It's a bit of a drag though, I want a new job. Thinking of becoming a photographer or getting acting lessons.
Man you actually got an interview and blew it??? That's a huge mistake. The hard part is getting a call back and getting an interview. Trust me, I've been on and off job hunting for over a year. I finally got a great job a month or so ago. It was the first interview I got in many months, and I nailed it. The job I had before that, it was also the first interview in like forever.

Dude, if you get an interview, you need to take that interview and make it your bish. You need to get right in there and say, "this is how it is, interview," and you need to kick it right in the gonads. You need to hold it down on the floor and rape it. You GOT IT?
We're only strays.
I've got a job. Shift Manager at Which Wich Mizzou, bitches.
Seriously, it's the easiest job ever. Speaking of, I get my paycheck in an hour. Yay 300 bucks!
Spiral Out
I'm self employed as a guitarist currently working frequently so no need for a day job
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I quit my job around September because it sucked. I don't regret quitting, because they're just a bad company to work for, but I do really need a job, now. I'm just not all that motivated to look hard... with school and life I'm busy enough. The places I have applied to haven't been hiring, though.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
I was one of the last ones in before the credit crunch hit, thankfully my department of the company is still making profit so we've not had any redundancies.

EDIT-I work for the Royal Bank of Scotland, by the way. UK people who read the news will know who I'm talking about....
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Man you actually got an interview and blew it??? That's a huge mistake. The hard part is getting a call back and getting an interview. Trust me, I've been on and off job hunting for over a year. I finally got a great job a month or so ago. It was the first interview I got in many months, and I nailed it. The job I had before that, it was also the first interview in like forever.

Dude, if you get an interview, you need to take that interview and make it your bish. You need to get right in there and say, "this is how it is, interview," and you need to kick it right in the gonads. You need to hold it down on the floor and rape it. You GOT IT?

I get so nervous at interviews. I can't help it. Any tips?

edit: I don't know what the best response is for the question, "Why do you want to work here?".
I'm sure they don't want to hear my real reason. Which is to have some extra money.
Last edited by Masamune at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by Deadmen
4 months...nothing, not even my old mcdonalds will take me back.

Finally turned to McDonalds a month ago, and have ended up putting in two applications only to be told that they're not hiring. I'm seriously desperate at this point.
Quote by Deadmen
4 months...nothing, not even my old mcdonalds will take me back.

man thats pretty low

unemployed for around 8 months,had 1 interview.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

"That's what i spend most of my time doing,breathing a lot.I like air"-John Frusciante
I'm a student so really I guess you could consider that a job.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
I want a job, but I don't think that I will really start looking for one until I turn 16. Which is in a couple of months...
Page 1 of 2