Posted this on HC but it's going slow today...
Found a Peavey VXT Classic 212 on CL today for $130 and I'm thinking about picking it up. Right now I'm using a Behringer GMX-212 and my main guitar is an Eric Clapton Stratocaster. I play mostly blues, some mainstream rock such as Mayer and RHCP, and some Death Cab for Cutie type indie stuff. I do need to be heard over a band. This a good buy?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
The VTX is a hybrid, no? I'm not sure how good it is compared to the regular Classic series.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
The VTX is a hybrid, no? I'm not sure how good it is compared to the regular Classic series.

Yeah, I just looked up some reviews and I think I'm gonna pass.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
130 is a good deal, and the VTX is a good deal better than your Behringer, they have a tube power amp and a SS preamp, you owe it to yourself to go try it out for that kind of money. I think they ussually sell for around 200-250 on ebay, they were aways posted there when I was looking for my Classic 30 last year. Good luck, look for a Classic 30 they are awesome!
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6