I've found a Valve Junior dead cheap, with a "Pro Rat Mod", and I was just wondering, how loud is it? Are they loud enough for band practice, or is it more a recording amp?

Thanks alot.
Quote by Hereiwas
I've found a Valve Junior dead cheap, with a "Pro Rat Mod", and I was just wondering, how loud is it? Are they loud enough for band practice, or is it more a recording amp?

Thanks alot.

Its only 5W of power, definitely not enough for a band setting. Decent pracice amp for blues and classic rock. I'm not really sure what the Pro Rat Mod is though so I may be completely wrong
i saw a Blackheart Little Giant with the same Rat mod and it is also cheap $230 on ebay.
but they are both practice amps and they CAN do gigs but it NEEDS to be mic'ed
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
My guess would be that it's been modded to give more of a ProCo Rat-type distortion.

It still won't be loud enough for band practice (unless you have an 8x10), but if you mike it it may be able to do gigs.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Would this be loud enough through a 4X12?
how would you suggest micing it?
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
@The_Bosstone & WTF!!is a TAB: I've never seen it. could you please post a link or something about it? I'm interested 'coz I also have a blackheart & looking to try some mods on it