I want to send scratch guitar tracks through headphones to the drummer.

How would I go about creating a headphone mix? Im using a Pro Tools Mbox.

Im assuming I use Aux tracks to do this....but anyone wanna give me a more detailed description?

Thanks.
Guitars
Jackson Rhoads EX
Jackson RR3

Amp
ENGL E530 preamp
Peavey Classic 120 power amp
Randall Cab
Is a headphone mix even possible with an mbox?

Im only seeing one output in the I/O settings.

Can anyone help? Any way for me to have a headphone mix?
Guitars
Jackson Rhoads EX
Jackson RR3

Amp
ENGL E530 preamp
Randall Cab
bump
Guitars
Jackson Rhoads EX
Jackson RR3

Amp
ENGL E530 preamp
Randall Cab
Aux (or Line) out on the interface to a small mixer (no idea if you can do this with an M-Box)

I don't remember exactly how to create separate mixes for this withinin ProTools since I havent used it in years.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It's an Mbox 2.

I think there is only one output though. Which is being used to send to my monitors...

Im probably screwed on the headphone mix thing I take it
Guitars
Jackson Rhoads EX
Jackson RR3

Amp
ENGL E530 preamp
Randall Cab
you need to output each channel in pt to your headphone mix. so yea, you're not going to get what you want from that mbox.

you can share the monitor output to the drummer tho, but I'm guessing you already know that.
yeah, I was hoping I could somehow get a separate headphone mix.

If he doesnt want drums in his headphone mix I wont be able to listen to his drum takes on my monitors.....that sucks
Guitars
Jackson Rhoads EX
Jackson RR3

Amp
ENGL E530 preamp
Randall Cab
Last edited by deathsguitarist at Feb 2, 2009,
why don't you just mute the drums while he is recording then unmute them when you are wanting to listen to them?

-Ryan
Does it have a stereo out?(RCA jacks Red White) You could go to your local dollar store and the should have stereo-phones splitter. Most mixers have seperate stereo channels. What i reccomend you do is buy a cheap mixer used from somewhere(i found a decent peavey thats $100) Just attach the mixer to L/R line outs and put monitros in it and you can record w/ more than one mic on the drums. or record all ath the same time.
It could be a problem if you were t mute the drums while both of you were listening, cause the Recorder/Operator would need to hear the mix to make all the adjustments necessary.