So i was looking through rondomusic.com and saw a LP that look real nice. And i was stoked about the price. See im only thirteen and ive been saving some money and i think i can get some money off my parents. As a result i cant really afford some more expensive guitar. The guitar i saw looked really nice and i was wondering if any one has have some expreince with these guitars and tell me the ups and downs about it heres the product page http://www.rondomusic.com/callistobk.html
ty
The SX's really aren't that great.

I'd suggest you save up some more and get an Agile.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by manny95er
So i was looking through rondomusic.com and saw a LP that look real nice. And i was stoked about the price. See im only thirteen and ive been saving some money and i think i can get some money off my parents. As a result i cant really afford some more expensive guitar. The guitar i saw looked really nice and i was wondering if any one has have some expreince with these guitars and tell me the ups and downs about it heres the product page http://www.rondomusic.com/callistobk.html
ty

my advice: you want a cheap LP knock off: ebay. An Ibanez, Cort, Memphis or any other LP knockoff can be had for $100-500 for Japanese MIJ quality. They do have set or bolt necks, and they're built much better than the Rondo knockoffs.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Agile AL-3000. Best $400 you can ever spend for a guitar.
The lower-end Agiles are really good, too.
Go on youtube and search nitropipes. That guy has really good videos playing his Agiles.
Quote by Thomme
my advice: you want a cheap LP knock off: ebay. An Ibanez, Cort, Memphis or any other LP knockoff can be had for $100-500 for Japanese MIJ quality. They do have set or bolt necks, and they're built much better than the Rondo knockoffs.

k koo ill be looking for those ty
and where can i find these
Last edited by manny95er at Jan 30, 2009,
I wouldn't bother. There's no point in getting it just because it looks like a Les Paul, because it won't sound anything like the real thing. If you're that set on an LP, save up and go for an Epiphone.
Fender US Standard Strat '07
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
Quote by kineas
I wouldn't bother. There's no point in getting it just because it looks like a Les Paul, because it won't sound anything like the real thing. If you're that set on an LP, save up and go for an Epiphone.

now you've just confused me.... The LP sound is achieved by a big, honkin' heavy mahogoney body with a maple cap and two humbuckers, the set neck adds to the sustain. It's no long shot that you can get a cheap knock off to sound like a Les Paul. You buying Agile LP knockoff or an Epiphone or an Ibanez 70's knock-off with a set neck, through in appropriate pickups and electronics, you can get a wonderful sounding/playing Les Paul.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130283391652

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290292645556

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=330301790082

for the cash, you can beat the old japanese ones. There's a couple of broken ones on there for dirt cheap, I'm trying to get one to practice fixing necks with and refinishing. I think the one I'm looking at is a memphis.

But, in anycase, You either want to go Agile, Epi, Vintage japanese or get an ESP or similar copy.

The SX strats are cool, because you can customize them so much, their LP style guitars are supposed to be dumps.
I'd recommend something from rondo in this price range+ http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000csbslim.html

It'll more than likely beat any other major brands lower range, listen people, just becuase it has ibanez on or cort or fender or epiphone doesnt mean it'll be amazing, it wont. End of argument.

I purchased an LP copy for £200 ($450'ish?) and to be honest it play's amazing, not one fault on the whole guitar, in all fairness the humbuckers leave a little bit to be desired, but alot of people replace pick ups, so that isnt a big deal.

At the end of the day TS, do go out and try some guitars, but also, if your in the US order an agile guitar, your legally allowed to send it back within so many days, so you've got nothing to lose really.

Just dont go straight out an get an major branded guitar, becuase people said they are the best.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Daniel8488
I'd recommend something from rondo in this price range+ http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000csbslim.html

It'll more than likely beat any other major brands lower range, listen people, just becuase it has ibanez on or cort or fender or epiphone doesnt mean it'll be amazing, it wont. End of argument.

I purchased an LP copy for £200 ($450'ish?) and to be honest it play's amazing, not one fault on the whole guitar, in all fairness the humbuckers leave a little bit to be desired, but alot of people replace pick ups, so that isnt a big deal.

At the end of the day TS, do go out and try some guitars, but also, if your in the US order an agile guitar, your legally allowed to send it back within so many days, so you've got nothing to lose really.

Just dont go straight out an get an major branded guitar, becuase people said they are the best.

it's not the "Ibanez," "cort" "Memphis" and "Messida" that makes them nice guitars, it's the fact that they came out of 1970's Japan guitar factories. That's what makes them nice guitars.
Thomme: that wasnt aimed at you, it was aimed at the people who said just ebay ibanez or get an epiphone, people who just say go with the crowd, kinda annoy me.

Those guitars that you posted to are actaully really nice, i agree with everything you said by the way, i may see if i can snag an old LP to fix up
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Daniel8488
Thomme: that wasnt aimed at you, it was aimed at the people who said just ebay ibanez or get an epiphone, people who just say go with the crowd, kinda annoy me.

Those guitars that you posted to are actaully really nice, i agree with everything you said by the way, i may see if i can snag an old LP to fix up

stay away from my memphis! That's mine to fix! Gonna reset the neck and upgrade the elecs and all that. Then I'm gonna "relic" it. It'll be my winter/spring project.

In anycase, Epiphones can be really nice, you just gotta be careful and make sure you play them before you buy them. The new Epiphones coming out of the Qingdao factory are actually pretty nice, but most of the MIK epi's are sweet, too.

The Agile LP's can be really awesome, you just gotta get the higher end ones, like the Dauntless and AL-2500 and up have set necks and generally have really nice pickups in 'em. I think the Dauntless has Duncan Designed pickups.
Here is a piece of advice no one gave you yet, that I wish someone would have given me when I first started.

You can really do a lot better if you find a nice used guitar. it is a hard lesson to learn, but nowI almost never buy any gear new. You can jump into a way better quality guitar than you typically could afford.

Example, a guitar that sells for 600 new (plus you'll pay more in sales tax) will usually only grab about 300-400 used. You can do even better if you are really patient. If you can't afford that much, I even saw some of the low end Epis for under $100. Be patient, buy used. You wll be glad you did.

The other plus to buying used is that you can usually sell the guitar for the same price you bought it for. That way when you get a little more money you can keep jumping.

That is how most of these people with killer rigs got all the fancy gear, no way most could buy this stuff new.

If you can't do Ebay check out your local independent music store and see what they have used. Stay away from GC and Sam Ash, they only give you a small break if it is used gear.
Ironically, they give **** for trade in prices as well.

Good Luck.
Heritage H150 Rio Pups, Dean Soltero SL, Dean Hardtail Select with Mustaine Active Pups,
Randall RT 2/50, Peavey Rockmaster, Voodoo Labs Preamp, Carvin Quad, Rocktron Piranha, Intellifex . AVatar 2x12
Peavey Classic 30, Vox ADVT 30,
Pod X3live
in my opinion the first guitar i really could say that i learned to play on was an essex lp from rhondo around 2000 sometime it was about 150$, there good guitars to learn on and mine still plays decent enough for its age, granted its a "for the money" guitar for learnin on so just have to take good care of them lol cause the finish on mine was so easy to ding, in fact seein your post makes me wanna get it from my old room at my dads and refinish it rofl!!. as far as buying a used guitar its a great idea but seein as i got started buying guitar stuff around the same age i know how the money situation is, "ie savin your lunch money instead of eatin at school rofl" an extra 100$ seems like waiting to save an extra 1000$. so ill suggest just about any rhondo guitar from 99$ up, then after some learning you can go after bigger fish like epi's or squires, then gibbys and fenders ect ect

also please dont neglect bc rich they make great guitars at great prices, i own 4 of them myself (2 warlocks, mbird and IT V)

one thing i learned the hard way also is not to buy an el'cheapo then put 200$ pickups in it when you can just add that money together and get a better guitar with the same setup for little cash difference.

lastly, i wanna give you the advice to learn how to solder and learn it soon lol, there is no point in payin a guitar store 50-150$ and up to solder a pickup or set of pickups or an inputjack in for you!, instead do it your self for the price of a decent iron (10-15$) or free if you already have one.

enjoy
Try a Michael Kelly Patriot.
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way
Quote by manny95er
ty

That guitar might be really good. I've got no idea. What I would personally suggest is tracking down a pre-owned Epiphone that was made in Korea (pre-2004). Those are excellent guitars.