Somtimes i get this really bad buzz from my Jag bass and when I touch a metal part of the guitar it stops.Ive heard its quite a common problem and is down to grounding. Somtimes its not noticable but somtimes its an earache. Is it somthing simple to fix? How would I go about it? thanks!
Grounding problems seem to plauge my very existance.

It could be a number of problems, the cable, the wiring in your house, the amp etc.

If you've narrowed it down to the bass then it could be the ground wire under the bridge, which is a simple case of unscrewing the bridge and making sure the groundwire is making good contact. It could also be any of the wiring not making good contact.

I have the exact same problem with my GL at the moment, i'm just going to get the whole insides rewired so I don't have to worry about it happening again.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
take it to a shop. your grounding wire that goes from the pots to the one of the bridge screws probably came undone. if you have experience soldering you can probably fix it yourself but it's always better to have a professional do it.

EDIT: it could also be a shielding problem. you can always try getting some copper tape off of musiciansfriend and line the pot bay and underneath your pickups with it.
GAS List:
Nothing
Last edited by Flummery at Jan 30, 2009,