Hey out of these distortion/overdrive pedals do you think is the best?

Boss ds-1
MXR distortion
electro harmonix Little big muff
Boss sd-1
Digitech bad monkey
Ibanez tubescreamer

Bear in mind whether they are worth their price
Please reply!
All for completely different sounds. My favourite out of those would be the DS-1, because it can be used for a wide variety of sounds, subtle distortion or gritty heavy stuff. Or the Big muff, because of the lovely fuzzy sound of it.
What are you trying to play/what is your budget.

A few comments on what you have:

Don't get the Little Big Muff. Not true bypass like it's older brother.
If you're getting a tube screamer, look into Maxon's OD-9 models, or analogman's modded TS-9s. You want original TS808 spec (the ones Ibanez sells are not quite as warm as those with original TS808 circuitry) and both of the options I offered are true bypass.

I hear good things about the Bad Monkey, but I don't really play metal so I couldn't comment personally.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
electro harmonix Little big muff
and
Tube Screamer.

I LOVED the LBM. trust me. its GREAT.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
You could get used Big Muff Pi for the price of a new Little Big Muff on ebay. The DS-1 is good, but only great if you get the keeley mod (www.robertkeeley.com). Still ok without the mod, though. If you have a tube amp, then you'll want to look at the overdrives you listed. Do you have a tube or solid state amp?

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by VisionaryTics
What are you trying to play/what is your budget.

A few comments on what you have:

Don't get the Little Big Muff. Not true bypass like it's older brother.
If you're getting a tube screamer, look into Maxon's OD-9 models, or analogman's modded TS-9s. You want original TS808 spec (the ones Ibanez sells are not quite as warm as those with original TS808 circuitry) and both of the options I offered are true bypass.

I hear good things about the Bad Monkey, but I don't really play metal so I couldn't comment personally.

+...

*counts points*

+4!