Its all very confusing >.>
So ive come here. IF i was to get a Fender Strat, which should I get? Keep in mind my budgets around 1000 1500 ish. (for those that asked US) Also if i was to get that, should I swap out the pickups for another one?
And tell me about the single coil pup selection well im at it.
Whats the advantage of each? Just the heavy hitters not the ones that aren't that good.
Id prefer it to be in a 3 tone rosewoord sunburst finish btw. , unless you convince me otherwise ;p
oH and i just remembered to put this in XD
I play ska, but i also plan on playing classic rock and rock, and if i get that good possibly classic metal like metallica, none of that other nu metal **** like slipknot...if im classifying styles right. However im more worried about the rock sound then ska for now. Just so you know.'
ONE LAST LAST THING XD
Id also prefer if the standard pups that came with it were good, because i don't plan on swapping out the pickups until i get the money to do something about it.
Very last thing. Idk, i have a few i mess around with, but for the sake of everything lets just use my line 6 flextone as the amp. Mkay? Any more details...
Last edited by mudrock1000 at Jan 31, 2009,
Get a mexian vintage style strat and put a set of Duncan SSL-1's in it.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Personally I'd go try some of the Road Worn guitars. Cosmetically it's a gimmick. But spec-wise and feel-wise their surprisingly vintage-accurate, plus the tone is a kick in the ass, especially on the tele.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
may i suggest... http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Classic-Series--60s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-100467262-i1146288.gc

with the rock pickups? http://www.vanzandtpu.com/pickups.html

if you put these in and but the strat in the 2nd pickup postition it will be perfect for ska..

van zandt's are houndwound on the pre-cbs pickup winders and use the same wire..
I pay for music and so should you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by Music18
u just got to love fat strats.... and i really like the ones that hav 2 single pick upsm then the humbucker near the bridge... very nice =)
Quote by rorygodowsky
may i suggest... http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Classic-Series--60s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-100467262-i1146288.gc

with the rock pickups? http://www.vanzandtpu.com/pickups.html

if you put these in and but the strat in the 2nd pickup postition it will be perfect for ska..

van zandt's are houndwound on the pre-cbs pickup winders and use the same wire..

Wow thanks for the description I looked at the 60' and after this ska concert tonight i may be thinking of a les paul, dangit, btw Bands martini shot, look it up on myspace, the location should be in colorado.
Oh well im not worried about that right now because on a les paul i heard pickups are a Biotch to replace XD
Quote by mudrock1000
Mexican? Huh there's something to think about.

Here's another thing to think about: second hand.
I just purchased a Fender American Special HSS Mahogany body Strat. ($1,100 at Guitar Center) I'll post the specs below but I have to tell you that if you are planning on playing a wide range of music, this is the guitar to own. The humbucker in the bridge lets you get a great metal sound and you can go crystal clean and is sounds great. The S1 switching lets you get 10 different pup combos. So, you are looking at a lot of different sounds just in the pup selection alone. I've heard people refer to it as a Fender that's trying to be a Les Paul. Try one out at your local shop. It has a fuller sound than the American Deluxe HSS because that one has an Alder body. Here are the specs I promised:

* Mahogany body
* Modern C-shape maple neck
* 9.5" radius rosewood fingerboard
* 22 medium-jumbo frets
* Rolled-edge fretboard
* 2 custom-staggered Tex-Mex single-coil pickups (neck and middle)
* Diamondback humbucker (bridge)
* 5-way pickup switching
* American 2-point synchronized tremolo with stainless steel saddles
* Fender Deluxe staggered cast/sealed tuners
* Chrome hardware
* 25.5" scale
* 1.6875" nut width
* Standard molded case
* Cable
* Strap
* Straplocks
* hardshell case
Classic player strats come with good pickups and are great guitars. They are cheaper than the road worn and play very well.
I have an American standard with regular single coils. I don't want to change anything....it plays anything, just use some pedals and the metal sound is great.
My Classic Series 60s Strat is great for everything but metal, it gets a good Sabbath tone, hums too much for my taste.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
your budget of 1000 - 1500 is what? US dollars, £, or what?

anyway a MIA standard strat will serve you well with the standard pups, when it's time to change them look at fender texas specials or fender SCN noiseless hot wound.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix