This article came about for two important reasons: A) I want to be a better musician and B) You want to be a better musician. This is a guide in how to do what is commonly referred to as ''playing/singing''. Essentially, for those of you who don't know this means singing whilst also playing an electrical/acoustical guitar. But ''Oi, Tp'', we don't need a long winded intro section, just get on with the secrets behind sucessful playing and singing.

TABLE OF CONTENTS;

1. Practising techniques/fundamental & systematic appreciation of the art-form.

1.i Everyday routines
ii Extra-terrestrial routinal practise allignments.

2. Conclusions
2.i. How to purchase my publications, ''Secrets of Guitar Revealed'' and ''Guitar: It's secrets''

Chapter 1. Practising techniques/fundamental & systematic appreciation of the art-form.

For genuine skill to develop in this, we must first use our matra's to appreciate its original art form, be it through studying videos of the likes of Robert Zimmerman, John Mellor, Chaim Witz and of course, Yusuf Islam. Simply put, these are the people who we aspire to be in every walk of life, whether you're a doctor or a guitarist. But especially if you're a guitarist.

So here are my tips for practise;

1. Playing at night has been proven to develop muscles of the mind more flexibly and frequently. This is largely why gigs are mostly at night. When playing, please concentrate on night sessions over day sessions - your brain is more active and will respond to challenges better.

2. Always tune up. Further to this, never play an Eb as your first chord, because it will throw you from the scent of the major keys when they do come around. Diminished chords should also be avoided in the trancsendary periods.

3. play in front of a mirror for effective stage image mentality-training and/or facial expression development.

Chapter 1.i ; Extra-terrestrial routinal practise allignments.

This section is dedicated to those rare manouvres we all perform on stage.

Your mind will no doubt be restricted by what we already know to be ''guitar heroics'' and media outlet propaganda. But free it. Immediately. The guitar should never be held in a conventional fashion. We should always strive to smash it up, even before we get on stage, to get its inner sound free.

2.i. How to purchase my publications, ''Secrets of Guitar Revealed'' and ''Guitar: It's secrets''

REMOVED.

Best wishes with your practise routines,

TP
Last edited by tp600 at Jan 30, 2009,
*reported*

spam...
Quote by Ponyexpress
Grammar Nazis scare the living crap out of me mainly because I'm half Jewish

MY SONGS:
[thread="985311"]A Love/Hate Relationship[/thread]
[thread="985301"](All) I Can See[/thread]
[thread="983897"]My Heart is a Hand Grenade[/thread]
ban? im not sure if advertisement is allowed in this part of the forum but i doubt
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
I'm not for a ban, but tp600, you're not supposed to advertise a product or stuff like that...
Quote by Ponyexpress
Grammar Nazis scare the living crap out of me mainly because I'm half Jewish

MY SONGS:
[thread="985311"]A Love/Hate Relationship[/thread]
[thread="985301"](All) I Can See[/thread]
[thread="983897"]My Heart is a Hand Grenade[/thread]
For an article this is far too short. It needs much more content before it can even be considered.

Having looked at the threads which cover this topic, I know that there is much more to singing and playing at the same time. I also know this because it is something that I pursue.

I would suggest you edit this with more information, then post again to see what people think.
Tom Colohue, with all due respect, this is intended as an overview for people with short attention spans.
Too small. Add smth. Then Submit and PM me with category and title. I'll approve.
fgsfds