Hey Guys! It's been a while.
Here's my "inquiry":

I'd like to play For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica along with the song because I know it by heart but I know that the song is in a slightly sharper tuning...so how can i change the settings on my tuner ( A 440, 439 438 etc etc) so that when i tune to it I will be in perfect pitch with the song?
Wouldn't it be easier to find a backing track in standard?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
or get a live dvd?
I just can't picture myself as the end result of millions of years of evolution.
Yeah tell me about it man, it's ****ing annoying that they did that. It's the same for Fade To Black (and possibly the whole album). What i normally do is just tune my guitar to standard, and then just give it a little tweak to sharpen it a little (not too much though), you'll soon hear if you've got it right.
Quote by Pac_man0123
If they ever, at any point in the song, play an E powerchord, tune it to that and tune the rest of your strings to the low E. That's what i did for Highway to Hell.

I guess ill try that. thanks man.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Wouldn't it be easier to find a backing track in standard?

with backing tracks you sacrifice the tone of the drums and vocals (the toms always sound like **** to me)
Quote by Ryg
or get a live dvd?

Good idea, I think the version on Live ****: Binge and Purge is in standard but I know the version on S&M is in Eb.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
mmk i tuned to the song. to tune to it with a tuner set the tuner to 450 and then do as u would if it was 440 voila
Audacity has a feature that will pitch shift the entire song without affecting the tempo, thats what I use so I can play along with songs that are tuned down a 1/2 or whole step. -edit- should be easier now that you know its 450.
oo i forgot about that audacity thing. thanks for reminding me ill try it when im recording the cover ty.