Hey. I'm not sure what type of vibrato it is, but it's when you bend a note a tone up, then apply vibrato to that note (i've forgot the name of this specific type of vibrato).

My problem is i'm adept in every other type of vibrato but this. When i try and do it it sounds really out of tune. The nearest sound i can get is to keep bending up rapidly from the original note and back down again, but seeing as though i'm not technically adding vibrato to the new note me = fail. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, i'm advanced in nearly every other regular technique, so this is doing my head in!
This is really difficult - adding vibrato to the top of a bend.

why do I have a feeling you're trying to play gravity by john mayer

I used to be horrible at this, and I'm still far from good but I notice it helps if you forget about your normal vibrato technique and almost try to do it with your arm if that makes sense. I could be all wrong about this though.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Quote by mlfarrell
This is really difficult - adding vibrato to the top of a bend.

why do I have a feeling you're trying to play gravity by john mayer

I used to be horrible at this, and I'm still far from good but I notice it helps if you forget about your normal vibrato technique and almost try to do it with your arm if that makes sense. I could be all wrong about this though.

no, it doesn't. please explain how you can play guitar with your arm. lol
It's actually all in finger strength and conditioning. Try learning Always With Me Always With You by Joe Satriani. It has those vibratos in there.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
I started bending moving my fingers; my teacher corrected me by telling me to use my wrist and turn it to cause a vibrato by moving the wrist and forcing the fingers' movement, not the fingers themselves. From then, my vibratos went uphill and I can do what you mentioned easily.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
I'm terrible at explaining things. I just kind of grab the neck as I bend up and move it back and forth making it vibrato a little. Its a horrible technique but it looks cool
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
It just kind of came to me one day while rehearsing. I was pissed because I couldn't do it and then all of a sudden I was doing it a **** load and I was rubbing it in everyone elses face cause they couldn't do it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by YourDad
It's actually all in finger strength and conditioning. Try learning Always With Me Always With You by Joe Satriani. It has those vibratos in there.

Coincidently, it's this song i'm having trouble with. I can play it start to finish no problem, all apart from nailing these bends!