Page 1 of 2
Why is Europe becoming a terrible trashpit of techno, pop and R n' B, that our fellow American compadres don't want?

I'm sick of beig the 1 in a hundred kid who listens to proper music, (not the entirley computer made bulls**t), in my entire school. It's so bad try and name a good band to come out of Britiain to make it big worldwide after the 90's.

BTW I don't think this would realy ftin the Bands & Artists Forum, so don't report me, please, if I've got it wrong .
Last edited by LankeyDwarf at Jan 30, 2009,
So anything you don't like , is not proper music?

I like techno and I also like death metal.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Last edited by Demonazzz at Jan 30, 2009,
You sound like some whiney 14-year-old.

Oh wait, you are.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Demonazzz
So anything you don't like , is not proper music?

I like techno and I also like death metal.

But do you like...

Death techno?

unceunceuncerooooooarunceunceuncerooooooooooar

?
Proper music?

Does it have a beat? Yes
Is it a mix of different sounds at a rythmn and pattern? Yes.

Sounds like proper music to me.
I want to live in the days of mods and rockers, that's all Not all these stupid "gangsta" wannabes and people who like men singing like a girl who hasn't lost her virginity.
Quote by LankeyDwarf
I want to live in the days of mods and rockers, that's all Not all these stupid "gangsta" wannabes and people who like men singing like a girl who hasn't lost her virginity.

Robert Plant?
Axl Rose?
Brian Johnson?
Vince Neil?

You mean them?
Italian hardstyle plz

Listen to what you like, not what others tell you to
Quote by Kensai

Oh wait, you are.

QFT
Quote by LankeyDwarf

Suck it up.

That is all.
TS, your username is an accurate description of your state of mind. You're a brain dwarf. I don't know what Laney means, I'm sure it is a badass cool word though.
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
I like techno/trance/dance/eurodance. etc

Sash, Tiesto, N-Trance, etc all the for the win.

Do you know what I hate? Being the 1 in a hundred kid who listens to proper music, (not the entirely guitar based made bulls**t -the standard rock band set up has been around forever, try something innovative-), in my entire school.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by LankeyDwarf
Why is Europe becoming a terrible trashpit of techno, pop and R n' B, that our fellow American compadres don't want?

I'm sick of beig the 1 in a hundred kid who listens to proper music, (not the entirley computer made bulls**t), in my entire school. It's so bad try and name a good band to come out of Britiain to make it big worldwide after the 90's.

BTW I don't think this would realy ftin the Bands & Artists Forum, so don't report me, please, if I've got it wrong .

Techno is so time consuming and it's really hard to make something decent. Chances are most techno songs would be more intricate and well worked than any 'proper music' you listen to.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by tallicafan888
Techno is so time consuming and it's really hard to make something decent. Chances are most techno songs would be more intricate and well worked than any 'proper music' you listen to.

This. He just arrived and destroyed this thread.
Quote by LankeyDwarf

Mods and Rockers haven't really changed. It's just the Mods listen to R&B, which makes sense, seeing as they did back in the '60s.

But yeah, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's bad or not "proper music". So stop whining.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by tallicafan888

that's not entirely accurate, while it is difficult, I would say it's generally no more time consuming and intricate than writing a good rock song (although this does depend on your methods and equipment)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by tallicafan888

+mother fucking 1

This man has said it all
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Just because you don't listen to something doesn't mean it's not "proper music". Techno music embraces very simple melodies and rhythms and then adds detail making it really unique. There isn't anything really wrong with pop music either. I don't listen to it, but I can appreciate music structured to reach a larger audience.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Or, alternatively, you could just listen to things that sound good to you, and make you feel, rather than being a poopyhead about it >__>
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
But do you like...

Death techno?

unceunceuncerooooooarunceunceuncerooooooooooar

?
I believe it's called Industrial, been around for ages.
Aye.
I dislike you very much, LankyDwarf.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Awww poor baby. let me find my tiny violin to play for you.
there's no such thing as proper music

people who hate techno are people who hate fun. you don't get out and have fun much do you?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Aye, he is truly a narrow minded fool
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not 'proper' music.

Also, you listen to Enter Shikari. They HUGELY rip-off half the music you've listed as bad, and techno artists make music which is more technically challenging and innovative the Kings of Leon.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by greatone_12
Just because you don't listen to something doesn't mean it's not "proper music". Techno music embraces very simple melodies and rhythms and then adds detail making it really unique. There isn't anything really wrong with pop music either. I don't listen to it, but I can appreciate music structured to reach a larger audience.

Every word of that is so true. Bravo.

Except for the fact that I fucking love pop/techno music.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
UK has lots of great bands, as well as Germany and some other countries. I really love rock music but I must confess, I actually like some house, dance-punk music aswell.
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Last edited by TaV0 at Feb 7, 2009,
thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. First of all...the Europeans really got their **** together with techno...theres so much good techno over there its crazy.

Second, try listening to some rock bands that have dance beats and stuff like that in there. The only one i can think of right off the top of my head is The Hand That Feeds by NIN.

Someone help me with some more...I could use some more. Songs.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
I love techno. I especially love Trance

Those Europeans really know their **** when it comes to Techno.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by Kensai

Oh wait, you are.

i think, im getting too old for this place
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by LankeyDwarf

You want to know the twist in the story?

Everyone else listens to good music, and you're the little idiot who lives in his own universe, listening to bollocks and shouting at the world.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Proper music?
Who are you to label anything as 'proper music'?
Nothing wrong with conputer generated music.
In most cases, it takes just as much skill as any other instrument.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Page 1 of 2