Hey everyone this is my first post.Just wondering how much would a distortion affect be(dont know what to call it)??
it varies highly! you can get them from $20-$600! the most common though is about 40-130 US. A decent one will be about 60-80.

What kind of music do you play?

What SaintsOfNowhere said.

The best cheapish distortion (IMO) is probably a Danelectro French Toast fuzz pedal. If you don't want fuzz, then you should look into a Digitech Grunge which is also fairly cheap. For metal, look into an Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff.

What kind of distortion do you want, and how much do you want to pay? I can help you more then. Also, knowing where you live would be a bonus.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
i dont really play a defined genre yet. i just want a distortion affect to play songs lke misery business
What amp are you using?

For Paramore-style pop punk, you might want to look into a Digitech Grunge. They're quite cheap and can cover a lot of styles. A Boss OS-2 would also be decent, or a Boss DS-1 if you don't mind modding it or getting it modded.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
i think my amp is a fender frontman (i lost the manual) and thanks for the tips