i happened to come across this ****ty ministudio for free the other day so im trying to test it out right now, but when i mic into it and use my headphones as an output, all i get is hear is crackling, and my voice faintly in the background. is this ancient pile of crap useless, or am i going to be able to make it work?

also, here it is.

EDIT: sorry for the epically large image, i found a smaller one.
Last edited by Vol=11 at Jan 30, 2009,
try hitting it with a sledgehammer a few times
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.

But today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.
Quote by N3vre
try hitting it with a sledgehammer a few times

oh, ive considered it. trying to get some other suggestions though.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you may need a preamp.

dont think so, im thinking its a problem with the device. i still get the crackling without the mic.
Quote by Vol=11
dont think so, im thinking its a problem with the device. i still get the crackling without the mic.

did you use a new tape?

also open it up and make sure there are no loos conneciotns, check the jacks especially, solder any and all loose connections you find.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ah fudge wheres that one quote from that guy who found that hi fi amp in his shed...
NOPE
you received it free for a reason i think...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Nakon14
ah fudge wheres that one quote from that guy who found that hi fi amp in his shed...

*beats Nakon14 repeatedly over the head with a sledgehammer*
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Sudaka
you received it free for a reason i think...

nah, someones dying. ive been getting his old gear since he's been ill.

yay for cancer!
Do you have good batteries?
I have a Porta 07, it's a little different but you also have to select the input type, Line/MIC or Tape and also select the Monitor input. There should be a trim control for the input as well as volume. Then a volume control for the monitor as well.
You can probably find the manual at TASCAM website or googel it on th web.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Do you have good batteries?
I have a Porta 07, it's a little different but you also have to select the input type, Line/MIC or Tape and also select the Monitor input. There should be a trim control for the input as well as volume. Then a volume control for the monitor as well.
You can probably find the manual at TASCAM website or googel it on th web.

no batteries, DC in.

and i cant find the manual anywhere. im pretty sure this thing was built by cavemen.