so yeah my sony earbuds are dying which means i need new ones. i really don't want to get another sony pair so can anyone recommend me some good ones that aren't more than $30ish? everyone i know says skull candy's are good but they seem really cheap to me and i'm kinda skeptical...
Go Veg.
Skull Candy are quite good, as long as you get the right sized buds for it. Only reaso I don't like them is:

1) Don't stay in your ear THAT well
2) If you're the sorta person who just has one in their ear all the time, it's not very good because it means you can't hear other things so well.
3) Mine are fine, but apparently they break rather easy.
im not quite sure what earbuds are... but in any case

im gonna say look for decent quality for a decent price... thats what i do all the time
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.

But today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.
If price is no object, Bose FTW. Skullcandy are OK, but for the same price you can get better. Sennheiser is pretty good too.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by slorggetti
Sennheisers.

And no, Skull Candy blow.

I've not tried Sennheiser earbuds so I can't comment, but their headphones are awesome.
Quote by N3vre
im not quite sure what earbuds are... but in any case

im gonna say look for decent quality for a decent price... thats what i do all the time

'nice advice.
Camilla Choads.
Quote by filthandfury
Skull Candy are quite good, as long as you get the right sized buds for it. Only reaso I don't like them is:

1) Don't stay in your ear THAT well
2) If you're the sorta person who just has one in their ear all the time, it's not very good because it means you can't hear other things so well.
3) Mine are fine, but apparently they break rather easy.

That's the idea of noise canceling earbuds. I love my skull candies, most of them came with sever sized earpieces, so mix and match until they fit right.
In all honesty, Sony and maybe Sennheiser (don't know if they make anything that cheap) are the only companies that make earbuds that are even remotely close to sounding mediocre in your price range.

Buy some real headphones.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by filthandfury
I've not tried Sennheiser earbuds so I can't comment, but their headphones are awesome.

Even their cheapest sound amazing.
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
i just got some 'genius' earbuds from my local maplins, theyre very cheap, but have amazing clarity and stay in your ear perfectly
skull candy buds are alright. They may not be the best but at least the lower models don't cost 100 dollars..
Quote by Daftendire
skull candy buds are alright. They may not be the best but at least the lower models don't cost 100 dollars..

they still cost about $20 more per pair than they are worth.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by slorggetti
Sennheisers.

+1 i have a pair of both and prefer my sennheisers
yup its a sig... yeaaah..
the flipping jelly ones they sell at hmv for 8$ are better than skull candy's, I tried both, and skullcandy blows, there very noisy as well, dnd the cords don't like even the slightest touch.
absolutly the worst waste of money ever.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by slorggetti
Sennheisers.

This
Mine are sennheisers......or Berhingers.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Skull Candy are good and cheap. and they've got good noise cancelling.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
Quote by n to the k
skull candies are the best ones

God those things suck, I don't understand why people like them. I got a pair of creative ones for half the price and they don't boom with the force of a thousand suns whenever I step or move the cord. Plus, I can actually have one in my ear and still talk to people, and with both they're fairly noise canceling.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by bendystraw
That's the idea of noise canceling earbuds. I love my skull candies, most of them came with sever sized earpieces, so mix and match until they fit right.

Yeah, they're good if you wanna listen to the music, but a lot of the time when I'm in school or out skating, I'll wanna be able to hear things aswell, so noise reducing ones aren't as good.