I noticed slash and dave murray (iron maiden) while playing solos lift their guitar vertically and play. Im wondering how they do this since, if I am moving my fretting hand, how i hold the guitar in the air? Is it resting the guitar in the pelvis?
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Rest it on your leg or whatever you find comfortable.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by stringsquealer
no just slide the strap so that it hangs like that

pretty much this.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by stringsquealer
no just slide the strap so that it hangs like that

Not so hard if you live in space, but here on earth GRAVITY kinda prevents it from just hanging vertically at your side.
Just rest it on your leg or something. Besides, they probably dont do it live, esp of they have to move there hand around a lot
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
When you do a bend, bend with your fingers, but move the neck up with your hand.
in my leg it slips
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
use the strap to take most of the weight then push the neck to get it higher if you need it. It's a big deal if you're trying to play and hold the guitar up at the same time but tilting it slightly shouldn't cause too many problems.

also, take some weight on your leg if needs be.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yeah you can just slide the strap back and/or rest it on your leg. It's pretty easy if you try it, and pretty important since tilting up activates star power.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by gary666
Not so hard if you live in space, but here on earth GRAVITY kinda prevents it from just hanging vertically at your side.
Just rest it on your leg or something. Besides, they probably dont do it live, esp of they have to move there hand around a lot

i saw dave murray do it a few times back in june. its not really that hard.

you just bend backwards a little bit and rest the guitar on your pelvis. u could also put your foot on a chair or something (kinda acts like putting your foot on a monitor) its kinda self explanatory if you play around with it a little bit.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise