Recorded another instrumental metal song, i'm pretty pleased with it. My first one using my new guitar, a Washburn X50 Pro, which I am in love with.

The last song I recorded (Deadly Edge) seemed to be quite quiet compared to songs and stuff I have, so on this one, I recorded it slightly louder, so you don't have to turn your volume right up, although it is still sorta quiet. I think it's produced better than Deadly Edge, less noticeable gaps and I don't think theirs any messups at all, i'm learning each time I record something.

Anyway it's a short metal song using Guitar and Guitar Pro drums you can find it on my profile, "Scattered", so C4C obviously, and I hope you enjoy it! =]
Sounded kwl, quite thrashy but i think the tone is abit too fuzz-much, and some chords sound out of tune possibly due to the intonation being off, but apart from that music was kwl, could use a nice solo!
sounds alot like the kinda stuff I wirte... so i love it!

great riffs man I love the drums too

probably could use less distortion though

damn again seriously sick riff man

C4C -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB_uNLbjwNs
leave it in youtube comments
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
The intro got repetetive, but once it got to about 1:05 - Real groovy riff, and got nice and interesting from there.

Where are the vox?! The guitars sounded pretty good, but I do agree, a little less gain would tighten it right up.

The transition around 2:13 sounded kind of off, but I think it was mostly the drums switching riffs.

Not bad, needs vocals!

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18443941#post18443941
I agree with Zultone, a bit repetitive at the beginning. The groove is that, it needs a bit more inventiveness, perhaps a second guitar track with some melodies.
The drum programming is decent. In the future if you use Fruity Loops you can transfer midi drums to it and make them sound authentic, that's what I do.
4/10

crit me?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055872
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
Thanks for the crit. Yeah I agree about the riff at the start, however this was never really wrote to be an instrumental song, just that I can't sing and don't know anyone who will at the moment so i'm sort of keeping that on hold.

Yeah, the part at 2:13 could probably use a short riff in there to blend it together abit more so the change isn't as obvious.

About the drums, im not sure, I only just got used to Reaper but I can't really find any decent drum vstis so im having to import them from guitar pro. Considering downloading EZDrummer, but im having problems finding one that works.
kickass for something by a 14 year old kid.. Sounds really good dude. You should get some vox over that now. I'd buy the song. Crit mine plz.. Its on my profile.. Rough idea atm and i didnt record it very seriously.. Just did it so i remember what i was workin on when i pick my guitar up next.. No solo yet either..
This is pretty good stuff. I like the riffs but it definitely needs vocals. The tone was very suitable for this kind of track. You could always work on drum programming or get a decent drum sequencer software like EzDrummer or Drumkit from Hell. All in all, good stuf. Just needs better drums and some vocals.

Check out mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060363
Quote by Stratwizard
This is pretty good stuff. I like the riffs but it definitely needs vocals. The tone was very suitable for this kind of track. You could always work on drum programming or get a decent drum sequencer software like EzDrummer or Drumkit from Hell. All in all, good stuf. Just needs better drums and some vocals.

Check out mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060363

Thanks, I just posted in your thread. Yeah about the tone, I could have got a "smoother", tidyer tone, more modern, but I don't think it'd really suit the riffs, sounds much better like this, although it needs slightly less gain. And yeah, might try and get Drumkit from Hell again, and I think the more I record little things like this, the more i'll get used to drum programming and stuff.

For the vocals im sort of stuck, I mean, I could write lyrics, but I can't sing, and don't really know anyone who can.

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.
I loved some of those riffs mate =) I also love that one of your fave guitarists is Mikael Akerfeldt =)

*hi5's*!!
i got ezdrummer from isohunt a while ago.. I suck at sonar but managed to use it thru sonar but I dont have a midi recording interface or anything and i've never used sonar before so i didnt know how to record with it so i deleted it all after a week..
A lot of parts really sound like Cradle of Filth =\

Overall if it had vocals it'd probably be better, I really loved that short lead bit that pups up 2 or 3 times, maybe instead of a solo you could add a few more variations of that to the rest of the song.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Demonology
A lot of parts really sound like Cradle of Filth =\

Overall if it had vocals it'd probably be better, I really loved that short lead bit that pups up 2 or 3 times, maybe instead of a solo you could add a few more variations of that to the rest of the song.

You think so? In what way?

Yeah possibly I could make some more variations on the riffs already in there, thanks for the criticism. =]