So I'm borrowing this Xiphos off a friend because I'm bringing it to my dads in the next few weeks to have him check out the arrey of problems that seem to be wrong with this guitars setup. I went over to my friends house to help him change the strings on it and noticed that something was wrong (A) when every string at every fret had massive buzz, and (B) when the high e broke almost two and a half steps below standard, I knew right away there was a problem with its setup, but not being farmilliar with Edge trem systems I really didn't feel comfortable going to town on it. I have it with me now, and before I bring it to my dads, I figure I like to ask anybody here who may have any opinions/knowledge on whats wrong.

My biggest concern is this? I may be wrong, but the floating bridge is resting as far back as it can go. In my experience with a floyd, it's usually supposed to be balanced evenly to go up AND down. I dont know if this is different for edges, but yeah

this is what I figure it should be looking like.

Thats the trem compartment. all the pieces seem to be there, and working well (AKA not broken) maybe its just set up differently.

Im tempted to check out my Floyd on my ESP and compare its setup to the edge (but not change anything) Is this a good idea to see how to two compare / how i may be able to work out the problems with the Xiphos? The action is fine, and everything else seems to be in working order.

Thanks for reading
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, RATHER EMAIL MY SITE
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com

Quote by On Winds of Plague
The problem with these guys, they aren't beating a dead horse, they're sodomizing it, and then charging people to watch the video on the internet.
It's the same for edges; the bridge should be parallel to the body cavity. Reduce some tension in the back and retune until it's level, then fix intonation, etc.

Truss rod adjust first if necessary.
Quote by noddy-whack
i think you need to raise the pivot screws on the bridge

Not really, unless the action after the bridge is parallel is too tight.
relieving tension does nothing, theres something wrong (obv), one of the scews is stripped making it a pain anyways
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, RATHER EMAIL MY SITE
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com

Quote by On Winds of Plague
The problem with these guys, they aren't beating a dead horse, they're sodomizing it, and then charging people to watch the video on the internet.
there's only 5 strings countering the spring tension.

no wonder it's going back into the cavity.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Mine was buzzing on some of the lower frets when it first came by mail, but I just turned the truss rod a bit and that fixed the problem pretty good. Now it plays like a dream, I love the finish and the action is great.

I have the blue chameleon tho.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
Quote by Lemoninfluence
there's only 5 strings countering the spring tension.

no wonder it's going back into the cavity.

+1

Quote by fairycake92
it has a tremo-no..did u add that?

+1

If your string snapped, maybe due to bad stringing technique or there is a burr in the nut / saddle etc.
You need another spring prolly if you have already tightened the ones you have all the way, it should sit level not leaning back like that.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
You need another spring prolly if you have already tightened the ones you have all the way, it should sit level not leaning back like that.

Wouldn't adding a spring pull it back towards the cavity more?
Quote by Pac_man0123
Wouldn't adding a spring pull it back towards the cavity more?

Oh damn your right pacman I got it backwards disregard my last post you need to loosen up the springs until its level again. Do it in baby steps dont just crank on them go slow maybe like 1/2 turns at a time, tune it back up, repeat until its level.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Wow, I was tired when I made that post last night. I didn't notice it was missing a string *facepalm*