I have a question about Early Megadeth music. How is it that they sounded like a jazz band? When I listen to the records I get the feel, but I'm not sure what it is. Is it the riffs , drums, vocals, what? Any serious answer is appreciated
Give a link to a song where you have this feeling.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Cause Chris Poland and Gar Samuelson were Jazz Fusion or Jazz Players in New York before they joined Megadeth. Heroin and drugs ruined the best Megadeth Lineup.
Quote by GuitarAustin95
Cause Chris Poland and Gar Samuelson were Jazz Fusion or Jazz Players in New York before they joined Megadeth. Heroin and drugs ruined the best Megadeth Lineup.

This.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

are we listening to the same band???????????????????????
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG2EX1

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Digitech Grunge Distortion pedal

Line 6 spider 3 75w
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
are we listening to the same band???????????????????????

Yeah man, listen to all the fills in Peace Sells (song).

They're totally jazzy (for a metal band).
i still think megadeth is good

all in favor?
i am currently listening to peace sells.
why do you think im broke?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Poland was a jazz guy who happened to play in a fairly popular thrash band. He plays jazzy licks over heavy stuff-lots of chromatic tones, but in a jazzy way, not a Slayer way. Look at some of the music and you'll see what I mean.

Testament is another band with a jazz guitarist playing lead guitar in a thrash band, though I believe Alex has recorded some pure jazz (or fusion) outside of his work in Testament.
Quote by GuitarAustin95

Marty Friedman would like to disagree with you. Although Peace Sells was a great album.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Poland was a jazz guy who happened to play in a fairly popular thrash band. He plays jazzy licks over heavy stuff-lots of chromatic tones, but in a jazzy way, not a Slayer way. Look at some of the music and you'll see what I mean.

Testament is another band with a jazz guitarist playing lead guitar in a thrash band, though I believe Alex has recorded some pure jazz (or fusion) outside of his work in Testament.

This. Basically, if you took a lot of Chris Poland's and Alex Skolnik's licks, and played them clean with a jazz fusion band instead of a thrash band, they would fit very well.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!