Hi,
I have a Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue and when I play too loud, the amp stop working. I can play but when the volume gets to about 3,5-4 the sound cuts and is barrely audible. Then if I turn it up to 10 I can hear it but like if the volume was to 1. Is it because of the tubes? I only got it like 5 months ago and I played like 3-4 times a week with it. Also, when it did that the first time, I had not played it for about 3-4 weeks and before those weeks it was working normaly.

Thanks.
Sounds like it's a tube problem.
If you ask me, the power tubes are the likely culprit.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah sounds like the power tubes and man take care of that amp, twin reverbs are amazing, my fav amp by far
and you got the amp like 5 months ago, was it new? or 2nd hand cos if it was 2nd hand you should have changed all the tubes when you got it
No it was new. It is normal that power tubes break so rapidly? and i just remembered something while writing this...my father moved it from a room to another so I guess it happened there. Can moving an amp cause the tubes to break??
If you throw it down the staircase instead of carrying it, perhaps, but otherwise, moving it wouldn't break them.

It does sound like it's the tubes though. Turn it on and see if any of the tubes are glowing oddly.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I just saw that three tubes are glowing blue at the top of the tube and that one is not glowing blue...which one is broken??
The one that is not going blue is most likely the syndicate.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.