am i the only one who loves them here? couldn't seem to find a thread.

fantastic. los angeles is an essential purchase/download/whatever for any fan of punk music. i'd say they're kind of underrated. but i'm gonna assume most of you know who they are.

(and just to make things clear, i'm talking about the american band and not the australian or japanese ones.)
Last edited by trackmind at Feb 3, 2009,
Great band, one of my favorite early punk bands. I haven't listened to them in forever though.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
There are lots of X fans here. Don't know why there isn't a thread. I like them OK, but I don't have the album. I like Black Flag better, but that's like comparing apples to oranges.
I loooove X.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
well, it's all a matter of taste. i just wrote the black flag thing so i would have something to do. i kind of regret writing it now though. hm. go figure.
Best LA punk band. Billy Zoom has the coolest Gretsch ever.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
I saw them with Rollins Band a few years ago.

It was...

weird. X played really well but all the meatheads who were dancing and having fun left after Hank and the place ended up getting pretty empty.

The people who were left over just kind of stood there with their arms crossed looking bored. No one danced or did anything fun. Apparently that pleased John Doe as he commented on how it was nice to not have "any meatheads (maybe it was assholes)" dancing and acting like pricks but quite frankly those dudes are part of the reason I go to shows in the first place.

I remember yawning a lot during the set.

Rollins Band was fun though.
Black Flag is amazing, you can go to hell.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I never really liked them. I have Los Angeles, and I've listened to it a few times, but I just don't think its a very interesting album. Not bad, but nothing really good either.
Their best song is by far "Hotel Room In My Bed." Now that was some quality song-writing.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
x ****ing rules...

black flag is okay...but idk why mentioning them would be relevant....

all the early cali bands were awesome; the avengers, the alleycats, the germs, x, and the dils.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I wouldn't call em that underrated...especially here.

"Nausea" has a cool riff.

You want underrated Cali punk check out the Rotters.
i love them. billy zoom is a friend of my dads. if it wasnt for x i would probably be listening to some emo garbage... x is my fav la punk band
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
Best LA punk band. Billy Zoom has the coolest Gretsch ever.

A Gretsch? That makes them unsympathic.

Whatever I listened a bit to some songs a while back, they didn´t strike me that much.......( I once won a signed poster by recognising Excene Cervenka on a photo)

I think one of their LPs was produced by Ray Manzarek.....
X are great, Los Angeles is easily one of my favorite albums.
And I really like their cover of "Soul Kitchen," but I haven't heard the original either.

Anyway, I think they're great, and I'd take them over Black Flag any day of the week.
That'd make sense, Ray really dug them, apparently. There's some video of him and X playing 'soul kitchen' live.
And I really like X. I have Wild Gift and Los Angeles. I like side two of Wild Gift alot.

They spelled his name wrong, but found it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i19TYrxTS2A
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Last edited by ezlntrooper at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by neidnarb11890
And I really like their cover of "Soul Kitchen," but I haven't heard the original either.

Actually, I just bought The Doors today, so now I have heard the original. I still dig X's cover. In fact I dig it more than the original. Yeah. I said it.
X is great. One of my favourite So Cal punk bands. And I love the Knitters as well; saw them last Sunday at a local show.
Quote by lavazza
A Gretsch? That makes them unsympathic.

Unsympathetic to what?
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
Unsympathetic to what?

sorry I meant dislikeable......I just transformed it from German, though in this case it seems to me that it doesn´t work.

But now I think their guitarist is really good (after seeing thatsoul kitchen video). Still of the Gretsch
Billy Zoom is a member of gretschpages.com and posts there quite often. Check out his sub-forum there.
Quote by lavazza
I think one of their LPs was produced by Ray Manzarek.....

pretty much all of their albums were produced by ray. he also played the organ on some of their songs. man, he really knew how to play that organ.

and yeah, about the black flag comment. can't say my opinion has changed since i started this thread, but don't know how it was relevant either. nevermind. fro now on, just ignore that statement.