I want to buy a new bridge humbucker for my guitar (Aria STG-006 without the neck humbucker), but I don't know much about pickups and humbuckers and stuff. So I need some suggestions for a humbucker. I play mostly blues, funk, soul and psychedelic rock, so it should be a humbucker that goes well with these genres. My budget is a little tight, so it should be lower than 150$.
Thanks in advance.

Peace.

Tom.
Something from GFS would be nice. Id put in a coil tap tho, for funk and cleaner stuff, or maybe you could put in a P-90. A Gibson P-94 would work, and I think GFS has several P-90s in humbucker form.
hmmm... Seymour Duncan '59 humbucker would work, and the alnico pro II are really good, low output pickups, great for vintage tones.

if you wanted a more modern sound, DiMarzio are really good pickups, too. the Fred and the joe satriani signature pickup (the name escapes me) are really good alternatives if you want a more modern tone but with the feel of older pickups.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
DiMarzio PAF Pro?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by JoePerry4life
What amp do you have currently?

I have a Harley Benton GA5H (5 watts) and a Harley Benton G212 guitar cabinet.

I saw some of Seymour Duncan's humbucker and they're just what I need. I just need to know wich one of them is the best to get a vintage sound.
seymour duncan has some good pickups, the pirces are nice an low, just check their site, and i know people are gonna yell at me but, the Blackouts are pretty versatile, i can go from a nice clean tone to some SRV to mettle
Quote by linnux
seymour duncan has some good pickups, the pirces are nice an low, just check their site, and i know people are gonna yell at me but, the Blackouts are pretty versatile, i can go from a nice clean tone to some SRV to mettle

I wouldn't take advice from someone who spells "metal" as retardedly as that.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
I wouldn't take advice from someone who spells "metal" as retardedly as that.

hey
i do that as a joke, it's cute
^do u even no the definition of "mettle"?
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
are you in europe? i assume so if you have a harley benton...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by John5rules125
^do u even no the definition of "mettle"?

yes, mettle as in like your ability or durability, like preliminary gladiator rounds to test their "mettle"

edit:
i shouldnt have to prove my self who spells "you" as "u" and "know" as "no"
^well as long a u no

and i type like this for quickness. grammars not 2 important on teh internetz
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
yes, speed is important, but its a bad habit to get into, because it will eventually work its way into your longer posts and make you sound retarded
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you in europe? i assume so if you have a harley benton...

Yeah, I live in Portugal. Harley Benton is pretty good. I don't know about their guitars and pedals, but the amps are really good.
Quote by linnux
yes, speed is important, but its a bad habit to get into, because it will eventually work its way into your longer posts and make you sound retarded

Yes, and mettle makes you sound really educated.
Quote by groovy-elephant
Yeah, I live in Portugal. Harley Benton is pretty good. I don't know about their guitars and pedals, but the amps are really good.

yeah, the amps are meant to be slightly modified versions of the epiphone ones

you can get duncans and dimarzios reasonably cheaply (for europe, anyway) from thomann... if you ask me, they're still not amazing value in europe, but they're certainly better value than from a lot of other shops.

i like handwound pickups... there are several guys in the UK making them, and with the favourable exchange rate at the minute, you might get a good deal- if you aren't hit for a lot of postage, lol. there are probably guys throughout europe too making them, but i only know of a couple in germany...

there are also a couple of companies making really, really cheap pickups- irongear and tonerider, which you can get in the UK. I haven't tried them, but hear good things- i may try them just to see. but having not tried them, i don't know whether all the praise is because the really low price has lowered expectations...

really up to you... there's almost too much choice, that's the problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?