I have been getting a lot of crap from 2-3 of my friends lately about me owning the Line 6 HD150 Spider III halfstack (long name i know). all three of them play like metal and own tube amps and i play any kind of punk, alternative, and indie rock and i my line 6 spider 3 i mentioned above gets a real good tone for the music i play and i really like it. for some reason they keep saying **** like "line 6's suck" "they have no tone" "a waste of money". in response i say "thats your opinion personnaly line 6's work well for my style" then say "they just suck no opinion needed". so why do people tend to not like line 6's?
Because they do. spider IIIs are only good as practice amps. At the high wattage level, there are so many better options for the money. You don't notice the sterility of the tone at lower levels but at high wattage the tone from spiders sounds like ****.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
you could've gotten something sooo much better for your money. the spider series is crappy, im sorry, but your gonna realize it eventually. line 6's arent bad in general though, the POD, the flextone, and the vetta are great, its just that the spider is gimmicky and overpriced
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Why do you people have to avoid using the search bar?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Because the Spiders are popularly accepted as having terrible tone. To many, including me, they suck at everything but brootalz and low volume practice - and even then, there are better options, IMO.

The rest is basically bandwagon hopping. The rest of Line 6's stuff is classy as hell, like the Vettas, HD147, and Flextone. The Spider series just brings the whole brand down like that.
SPIDERS in particular suck. Line 6 makes some pretty high quality amps otherwise (HD147, Flextone, Vetta) As a result of the Spider series the rest of Line 6 products get a bad rap.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Most people who aren't idiots agree that the Line6 Flextone and Vetta are some of the best modeling amps available.

On the other hand, I along with most people reckon that the Spider series (which you have) have a fizzy, digital, lifeless tone. If you like it, that's you though although a Spider Half Stack is just a giant penis enlargement.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
For the reasons your friends stated....But in their defense, unless you're a gigging musician and/or with years under your belt, you might be just as satisfied with a modeling amp sitting in your bedroom...no harm there. Everyone's got opinions, and I happen to like Line 6, but I def. would have gone for, at the least, a Flextone.
there should be a thread thats stickied about why we dont like line 6 spiders and marshall MG's, because its making me so annoyed that theres at least two "spiders arent THAT bad" threads every week
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
there should be a thread thats stickied about why we dont like line 6 spiders and marshall MG's, because its making me so annoyed that theres at least two "spiders arent THAT bad" threads every week

That info is already in the ultimate gear info sticky, which you clearly haven't read. What's the point in the mods wasting their time making more threads the noobs aren't going to read when Dave already wasted hours of his making the existing ones?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music