Okay so to start off, i'm not exactly a gear head and im pretty new to using pedals. I just got a line six uber metal distortion pedal, and here's whats going on. its got a fresh nine volt, and my guitar is plugged into the input and the output is running straight to my amp.(wich is a line six spider 3 if that helps any.) all seems fine and dandy, and the green power light is clearly glowing. however, there is absolutely no sound coming from the amp at all. every single volume and tone knob on my amp, guitar and pedals are all the way up and by no means should i still be able to have my hearing. any ideas as to why there's no sound?
It could be alot of things.

Cable could be broken, pickups could be malfunctioning (loose wire), input jack wiggles, pedal is broken, you haven't really turned up all the volumes...

Try everything.
im not sure, because if i just plug my guitar directly to my amp it works just the way it should. confuzzling >.<
Okay, then the problem is either the pedal, or the cable thats going between your pedal and the amp.
Is the volume (or level) on the effects pedal turned up?

Did you try testing the cable you use that goes
from the pedal to the amp?
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Sell the pedal. It'll sound like **** if you use it on your spider.

In fact, sell the amp while you are at it. It sucks imo
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
Sell the pedal. It'll sound like **** if you use it on your spider.

In fact, sell the amp while you are at it. It sucks imo

+1