i always see people saying that it is important to stretch your hands and wrists before playing guitar. I totally agree, but how are you supposed to? and for how long?

thanks ~C$
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
I stretch as I'm playing. I've never heard of anyone doing stretching exercises prior to playing.
You don't really stretch, just warm up. Do some scale runs and stuff to get the blood flowing.
Two words. "Rock Discipline"

Petrucci goes over some good techs for getting warmed up with both stretches and scales...

-TFA
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']masturbate furiously, until your wrist feels like it's gonna fall off.
This wins...
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Last edited by sw1ss023 at Jan 30, 2009,
Just do finger stretching finger syncing stuff o_O (Make some up :P)
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by KennethJay
Just do finger stretching finger syncing stuff o_O (Make some up :P)

you mean like running through scales and stuff?
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
this is my warmup

e|- 1-2-3-4-2-3-4-5-3-4-5-6-4-5-6-7-5-6-7-8 and then i keep following this pattern up to the 24th fret and then i do it back down the fretboard, for me i have to play it FAST or it does me nothing.

if i still dont feel completely warmed up i play a two octave chromatic from E to e scale using all the strings.

basically

e|------------------------------------------------------------------0--
b|-------------------------------------------------------1-2-3-4------
g|------------------------------------------0-1-2-3-4----------------
d|-----------------------------0-1-2-3-4-----------------------------
a|---------------0-1-2-3-4-------------------------------------------
E|-0-1-2-3-4--------------------------------------------------------
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Heres a good hand excersize that i use everytime before i play something thats going to be an ass, put your hands together (palm to palm) bend both towards the left, use your right hand to push your left hand father, then do the same thing to the right. do that a couple of times, then stretch out your fingers as far as you can like if your going showing someone all ten fingers, after that clench both hands to make fists and tighten, shake your hands out then focus on each finger individually by bending each one backwards. and thats that, it should loosen out your muscles completly
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell