I just got a Electro-Harmonix compressor/distortion/EQ pedal type thing to play around with before i invest in some higher quality add-ons, and ive been having a hard time getting clarity out of my tone after turning on the pedal, and havent been able to get around it by fiddling with either EQ. But i started messing around with my P/U volumes, and as soon as i cranked them both up all the way, it cleared up considerably.

My question is, is this bad? I remember reading that cranking up any knob to an extreme isnt good, and i should probably be relying on the EQ rather than the bass. Its likely that im just a tool and still need to get used to using this pedal, but if anyone could give me some constructive criticism, or an example of how they usually crank up their P/U's, id greatly appreciate it.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
nothing wrong with having your pickup volume on full. mine are almost always full and it hasn't hurt my bass
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
nothing wrong with having your pickup volume on full. mine are almost always full and it hasn't hurt my bass

+1
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
+1

Cool Eh, i just had this weird feeling that something wasnt right, the rule about never doing "extremes" in EQ'ing came to mind. But yeah anyways thanks guys.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
The rule for extreme turning of eq's is for amp mainly and especially a graphic eq. An my avtive jazz now and again i have some knobs at the extreme nothing will go wrong.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul