Sup guys. A while back I saw a kid playing guitar in a youtube video, with himself (like there were two of them) much like lindsey lohan in parent trap and jim carrey in my myself and irene. I was wondering if any of you knew of a turorial on how to go about doing this. I remember he had a tutorial up but i cant find the video...im pretty sure he was playing for the love of ggod, but i dont remmeber.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Was there a split screen or were there two copies of him in one image?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
two copies of him.
im pretty sure its called masking, but his tutprial was pretty much perfect, ive found others but i know theres a perfect way to do it.
Quote by Sloopy
lmao i doubt hed put a tutorial up on how he did it
Quote by Sloopy
You shoot the scene twice from the same camera position (usually.)

It also usually requires proper equipment.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Get a tripod.

Take two videos, but make sure that each time it is on the opposite half. Don't cross that half line.

Then in a movie editor (i prefer adobe premiere), limit each video to the halves that you are in, and it will look like the middles connect.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Balls

EDIT: Wrongthread so k be ok ye?

Dont fear the reapre
Last edited by Preid at Jan 30, 2009,
ohhh okay i get it thanks!
hmm im also trying to get myself in the front play guitar with say me as a bass player behind me, i mean i know its possible and probably extremely difficult but anyone know of a tutorial?
Quote by Sloopy
1 You can't adjust the camera at all
2 Your body should be on opposite sides of the screen to prevent being on top of yourself

Import both clips into video editing software and place them in layers over one another. Next you have to crop out the empty space in the upper layer, leaving you exposed in the bottom layer and creating the effect of two of yourself

I know in final cut I use a 4 point garbage matte so look up tutorials for something like that
Last edited by nmelluzzo at Jan 30, 2009,