1-is it possible to make a bolt on neck into a set neck

and 2 whats a good sum amount off money to get a decent Floyd rose i wish to only spend 200-300 bucks
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
1) Not without a new neck and a lot of woodworking experience.

2) $300 is plenty for an Original Floyd Rose, which is what you want.

What kind of guitar do you want, and do you know the tools and process needed to install a FR?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
but,my frontmans step moms dad is an incredible woods man and hell put in the floyd rose and try to put a set neck
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Don't bother with a set neck. Why do you want one anyway?

Go ahead and put in a Floyd Rose though. Have you ever owned one before? You might not like it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Making a bolt neck into a set neck wont have any sort of real difference in tone or playability. A guitar is made to be a setneck or its made to be boltneck. They arent really convertable.
You can't make the neck set in.

The floyd rose is a lot of work to install and restring beware of that. Buy the original floyd rose from warmoth or the Gotoh or Schaller floyd off LP Addict and/ or nutthinbuttrubl8. LP Addict can get you the Gotoh FR for around $100 and its pretty much the same as an original.
For more info check out the ultimate floyd rose thread.
A bolt on heel might be to small a surface area to be glued in to the pocket, set necks have much bigger tenons, probably double the surface area of a bolt on.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man