Okay, I brought my laptop over to my friend's house, but he forgot his WEP key. He is running Windows Vista. Is there any way to see the password on his computer?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
bump
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
If he uses a Linksys router:

Use the computer that is directly connected to the router.

Open up an Internet browser. Type http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. This should prompt a SN and PW. SN is blank and PW is "admin". If that doesn't get you in, you have to reset the router first by hold down the reset button located at the back of the router.

After you get in to the control page, there's a section for wireless security and you can view it there.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
If he uses a Linksys router:

Use the computer that is directly connected to the router.

Open up an Internet browser. Type http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. This should prompt a SN and PW. SN is blank and PW is "admin". If that doesn't get you in, you have to reset the router first by hold down the reset button located at the back of the router.

After you get in to the control page, there's a section for wireless security and you can view it there.

hes using vista
Quote by convictionless
hes using vista

...That doesn't affect the procedures at all. Maybe if you didn't playing WOW all the time, you'd know that.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jan 30, 2009,
Quote by Xiaoxi
...That doesn't affect the procedures at all. Maybe if you didn't playing WOW all the time, you'd know that.

haha owned.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
IVE BEEN CLEAN FOR 2 MONTHS MAN
i swear i wont go back
btw, since hes using VISTA, and since microsoft wanted it to be all secure and such, they disabled to ability to do that, also it depends what your own computers local address cause there differnt depending on what else is on that wireless network.....
Quote by convictionless

btw, since hes using VISTA, and since microsoft wanted it to be all secure and such, they disabled to ability to do that

Wrong. It doesn't matter what OS you use, the procedure is the same and works the same.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jan 30, 2009,
yeah, but do you think that stopped Microsoft, for example, the "messenger" service that works through your Command prompted was put to disabled in XP SP2 and fully taken out in Vista, and its a command prompt line, imagine the amount of things they would have to re-write for a lot of things to work. You don't get how out of the way Microsoft will go to make something "secure".
Quote by convictionless
yeah, but do you think that stopped Microsoft, for example, the "messenger" service that works through your Command prompted was put to disabled in XP SP2 and fully taken out in Vista, and its a command prompt line, imagine the amount of things they would have to re-write for a lot of things to work. You don't get how out of the way Microsoft will go to make something "secure".

Okay, we get it. You hate Microsoft. That still doesn't change the fact you're completely wrong. Connecting to the router is an external application and has nothing to do with the operating system.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
and i dont, im just saying that the OS has to do with connecting the router.... even if there is a linksys driver, it still has to do with it.
Quote by convictionless
and i dont, im just saying that the OS has to do with connecting the router.... even if there is a linksys driver, it still has to do with it.

Yet despite your theories, it actually works in reality, and that's all that matters.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ok well, i knew it wouldnt work, but i tried it anyways cause everyone is wrong sometimes, and it didnt work LOL.
Quote by convictionless
ok well, i knew it wouldnt work, but i tried it anyways cause everyone is wrong sometimes, and it didnt work LOL.

Then you're doing it wrong.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
What's with all the dumbassery?

Connecting to a router is the same on any OS, exactly as Xiaoxi described, type the IP of the router into the address bar of your internet browser, hit enter, login details, bam, router settings.
ok, i know that, but what im saying is that Vista wont have that working or enabled, because what your proposing that a router can run a computer, no the OS has to monitor the connection aswell what is being "said" to the router and the OS can intercept that....
Quote by convictionless
ok, i know that, but what im saying is that Vista wont have that working or enabled, because what your proposing that a router can run a computer, no the OS has to monitor the connection aswell what is being "said" to the router and the OS can intercept that....

What the fu....

How high are you?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by convictionless
It's the exact same principal as typing "www.ultimate-guitar.com" into your browser address bar, your router has an address, you type it in, you access the settings.

If Vista blocked router access no one using Vista could use a router.

You're talking crap.
lol this guy is a retard
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Maybe it didn't work because that's not your router's address. Try this:

Type "cmd" into the search box on the start menu and open command prompt.
Type "ipconfig" into the box.
Type the defualt gateway address into your browser.