Well, I was bored, so I decided to do a combination of the Kisake (or whatever it's called) virtual guitar builder and Microsoft Paint (I don't have photoshop) to get an idea of how my Squier is going to look when it's all modded out. I'm actually pretty proud of myself for the work on paint (the racing stripe, and I had to re-create parts of the pickguard)

Originally I was going to keep the original metallic red, but I decided I like the hunter green better.

I'm also still debating between keeping it SSS or throwing a 'bucker in the bridge. If I use a 'bucker, will I be able to just mod my current pickguard? It's cut for SSS, but couldn't I just cut the bridge hole to fit?

Anyway, I just figured I would share this, because I plan on starting this customization either over spring break or at the beginning of summer vacation (which could start on May 7th for me this year)

Oh, and I couldn't really do this with paint or the guitar builder, but I'm going to cut the headstock to the slimmer Strat style, and I'm going to sand off the Squier logo and have my signature on it instead.

EDIT: I'll also give the fretboard a little attention. Maybe a light, high-grit sand to smooth it out a little bit? It isn't horrible right now, but it could be loads better.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jan 30, 2009,
the only problem with cutting the hole for the bridge pup yourself is the screw alignment . unless you plan to slant the humbucker i'd just buy a new pickguard, they can be had for like 10 bucks.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
LP, I'm actually planning on buying everything I can for this build from or through UGers. So I'll be ordering hardware through you, and I'll buy my pups through someone who sells 'em

mikey, thanks for the info. The only thing is that right now, I have this kinda unique-ish guitard on it. It's pearl, but it's a little more yellow than white. Of course, this could just be a glueing flaw, but it looks pretty freakin' cool.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I thought I'd post up some current pics to give you a before/after kind of idea.

As you can see, I have a bit of a thing for hunter green

I tried to get a detail shot of the discoloration on the pickguard I was talking about, but it didn't really turn out all that great with my parents' crappy 5mb camera. However, if you look closely you can see that the knobs are quite a bit whiter than the guard. If I still had the pup covers on it would be much easier to notice
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jan 30, 2009,
Ah, ok!
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
So, got bored again....

The red is kinda growing on me

Please ignore the improv input jack
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray