I've been playing electric guitar with an Epiphone SG for a while now, and I thought I should upgrade to something better. I play a lot of heavy rock and some thrash metal, and I'm looking to upgrade to something better.

I'm looking for a good guitar under these specs.
-Under 1000$
-Can play a wide variety of styles, anything from Metallica to the Foo Fighters, to The Beatles and the Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Humbuckers (Not exactly a need, but will be good for my music styles)

Any suggestions?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
a guitar with splitable pickups
or
a HSS strat
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
I'm playing through a Vox AD30VT, which is good for what I'm doing (home practice and Jamming with my mates).
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
May I be the first to suggest a Schecter? Lo and Behold the C-1 Classic

I think that this would work well for you. I thought that it had a coil splitter, but I suppose not. Nice Seymour Duncan Sh-2 in the neck and JB Sh-4 in the bridge. I'm to lazy to elaborate more on it. Click the link and take a look.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Single or double cut?

Trem or no trem?

If you want to go for quite a bit under 1000, you could give Hagstroms a shot. The Ultralux line has a neck that is apparently quite thin. You the have a bit of extra money for a pickup change if you are so inclined. I think they come with coil taps, and one of the models has a single inbetween two humbuckers.

Or you could go for a strat and put some lace sensors in it - they're noiseless single coils if you weren't aware.

An Ibanez might work, maybe a 550 or some derivative. I'm not sure how well that would do The Beatles though.
haha, i saw the title and was ready to comment, "iv tried an epiphone sg a few times and loved it!" but i see you already had one :P

may i recommend replacing the pickups? the epiphone has a nice feel, and if the sound is what is the issue replacing pickups is a great, cheaper and probably more successful option. Many people love their epiphones, but find them far better with the cheaper pickups replaced
Hi, my name is Aaron

Quote by Scowmoo
You sir, are the definition of Epic Win.

Gear
-Homemade Pine/Blackwood P90 Tele, and few others
- Ceriatone Overtone Special
- GFS Greenie, Pro Chorus, Sparkle Compressor, Pitchblack, Biyang Fuzzstar
I'd suggest looking at some Washburn models. The WI66 and all the models with a higher number come with great Seymour Duncans. Look around on Ebay to find good deals like that.
Washburns have incredibly good prices, great feel, and good looks. I'd say they're the most underpriced guitar.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by misterdarling
haha, i saw the title and was ready to comment, "iv tried an epiphone sg a few times and loved it!" but i see you already had one :P

may i recommend replacing the pickups? the epiphone has a nice feel, and if the sound is what is the issue replacing pickups is a great, cheaper and probably more successful option. Many people love their epiphones, but find them far better with the cheaper pickups replaced

Good Tip the only thing really ruining a epiphone is the pick ups