If they're doing a live recording, one mic goes to the PA, and the other to a recording rig.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
ok thanks chris and GNR yes BDS was amazing too bad they broke up
Last edited by dmiwshicldply at Jan 30, 2009,
it sounds like there's some kind of effect on one of the mics, might be that?

EDIT: i believe chris hit the spot
You like it
Last edited by linus.d at Feb 1, 2009,
one mic can be ran threw effects and the other is hooked up to the PA. so you get your voice as normal and a backing vocal with a lil echo or what ever. serj from system of a down does it a fair amount.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
But you can do that easier with one mic and running it through two channels on the board....

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
You can use two mics wired out of phase for noise cancelling. any signal reaching both mics at the same time will be cancelled out. you then make sure you sing as close as possible to one mic so that the signal from this goes through. They are performing in a very enclosed space where the guitar amps may well be louder than the human voice so this would be the only way of getting a clear vocal recording.
The guy from Nickelback (I know, I know) has something similar but a bit different, he has one normal mic that's used most of the time, and for things like call and response vocals he switches between that one and another with heavy effects.