From what I've been told this guitar bridge doesn't intonate well. I can tell this because it is extremely sharp, no matter if I even take out the nut/screw things that lower it. Will changing the bridge fix this? I was looking into something like this. http://store.guitarfetish.com/chhabrfortea.html

Heres a picture of the guitar:
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
That bridge isnt going to just drop in that guitar. It wont work with the stop style tailpiece. And wont be high enough to match the old bridge. You need a TOM style bridge. It will have adjustable saddles and works with the stop tailpiece. It will also go alot higher than a strat style saddle will.
^Its a 3/4 size guitar

So, will this bridge work tackleberry?
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Archtop_guitar_bridges/1/Tune-o-matic_Bridge_For_Archtop_Guitar/Pictures.html#details
or like this?
http://store.guitarfetish.com/vistabbrwisc.html

Also, would it go where the silver ashtray looking thing goes or the place where the strings rest above it?
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Last edited by Sonis3 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Sonis3
^Its a 3/4 size guitar

So, will this bridge work tackleberry?
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Archtop_guitar_bridges/1/Tune-o-matic_Bridge_For_Archtop_Guitar/Pictures.html#details

Also, would it go where the silver ashtray looking thing goes or the place where the strings rest above it?

1. It looks like your current bridge has NO intonation adjustment whatsoever.

2. The bridge would go where the current bridge is, so the breaking points of the saddles are in-line with where the strings currently break (ie. your intonation centre, which is currently that lipstick-shaped chrome thing).
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/1/Locking_Roller_Bridge/Pictures.html#details

Get one of those, it's a friction less rolo bridge, much better than the standard nashville style tune-o-matic bridges. Also are you getting a new tailpiece or is the current one fine?

EDIT i cant see if that's a lipstick pick up or some sort of wierd tune-o-matic style bridge
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Last edited by Daniel8488 at Jan 31, 2009,
No, the tail piece works fine. So, I would but this where the current bridge is and it should work fine?

EDIT: I wish it was a lipstick pickup, but that's the bride.

Quote by -MintSauce-
1. It looks like your current bridge has NO intonation adjustment whatsoever.

It goes up and down and that messes with the intonation. But I guess that doesn't count because there are no saddles.

Hopefully when this is all done, it will have correct intonation and stay in tune. I put new tuners on it a while ago that hold tune really well.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Last edited by Sonis3 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Sonis3
No, the tail piece works fine. So, I would but this where the current bridge is and it should work fine?

EDIT: I wish it was a lipstick pickup, but that's the bride.

Yup. Check the height of your current bridge though, and compare it to the height of a ToM. From the look of things, it should be about the same, but it would suck to get a ToM then have high action.
Yes it would. I'll go down to a music store and compare them sometime.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
What TOM would fit would depend on whats under the current bridge. A standard TOM you need to drill some holes for the sleeves to go in the body for the adjustment screws.
Ok, I don't mind having to drill some holes.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Ok, a music store near me sells real gibson brideges for $40. Is this a god deal?
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
A gotoh TOM bridge with more intonation adjustment was little less than 20. A "gibson" bridge wont be any better.
Ok, just wondering, thanks.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Sorry to bump this thing from the dead, but I got a bridge! I have it just held on by string tension at the moment, I will try to get pictures soon. My problem is that I can't intonate the low e string.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Bump...
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
As in not enough adjustment to intonate? Sometimes you can flip the saddle to get a little more adjustment. Also most TOM bridges are angled Where 1 stud is further rear than the other.
Which side should I move and how much? I put mine in just straight.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22

Heres the bridge.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Stewmac site has a calculator for where to put the bridge for every scale. But its the low e string side thats angled further from the nut than the high e side.
Well, it thought it was straight, but I zoomed really close in the picture. Maybe I'm just blind.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
More double posts!!!!!!!!!!

I moved the low e side back, it helped some, but it's still not intonating enough. How close should the bridge be to the tailpiece?
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Its not dependent on where the tailpiece is. You need to worry about the distance from the nut to the bridge. The stew mac page says the bass side stud is upto an 1/8 further from the nut than the treble side is.

This is where it's at now. I've moved it around alot and it just wont intonate. I'm really frustrated with this.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22