Which would go better in an Ibanez RG 7321 if I am aiming to play all kinds of metal and rock, including clean playing?
DiMarzio Evolutions every time. Every note comes out clear and accentuated with an Evo, which is great if you have the chops to back it up.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Sorry bud wouldn't know as it's Ibanez, my specialty is Les Pauls, however, as the commentor above stated, The Evo is often time clear and crisp in its delivery, this is try in my experience, but remener I can't be certain as our guitars are completely different. EMG's are notorious for making a specific tone come out of any guitar, there are differences in quality of course but they deliver that same impact all around. I my self only play mostly punk and some hardrock, but I can still shred as good as any other metalhead, and The Evo's would be my choice. In metal, from what I know, you want to be as clear and crisp as possible with little noise, because it will make your shredding sound like distorted garbage, and the dimarzio's seem to deliver that good crazy distortion you need without noise.
Last edited by RisingFreedom09 at Jan 30, 2009,
Evo's are great if you know thats the kind of sound you want but its not for everyone.

I personally would reccommend breeds over evo's but thats just me.

Also while EMG's sound fine through a high gain tube amp they are garbage with rock and clean so i would stay way from those.

I say look at Evo's and Breeds
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
I suggest DiMarzio Breeds or ToneZone's, or a combo of both... EMG's are a pretty generic sounding pickups, meaning that they tend to sound the same no matter what guitar they are in... They are great for metal and such but tend to be a bit brash on the cleans unless of course you do the 18v mod to them. Evo's on the other hand are a very dynamic pickups... They pick up everything so if you are not so good on technique then they may not be for you because not only will they pick up every note you play, but they can pick up every note that you dont play either... See what I'm saying? But thats just my 2 cents...
*sighs* what amp you got?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by RisingFreedom09
Music Mike, are you in anyway connected to the down town riverside music store music mikes?

No Im not... Although I wish I lived in Riverside right about now... lol
I am getting a Peavey Vyper 75 in March and remember this will go into a 7-string. So I cant do breeds.
honestly pickups won't make a huge difference in sound in a solid state amp. You'd best save for a tube amp, like a b-52 at-112. 60 bucks more than the vypyr 75 and IMO much better sounding. The vypyr i fiddled around with didn't impress me.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
honestly pickups won't make a huge difference in sound in a solid state amp. You'd best save for a tube amp, like a b-52 at-112. 60 bucks more than the vypyr 75 and IMO much better sounding. The vypyr i fiddled around with didn't impress me.

Really? I played with one at Sam Ash and love it. I got my tone for all of my favorite bands. Also, what would I pair with the 7 string evo in the bridge? I want pickups that can play clean, alternative, classic metal, shred, deathcore and metalcore, and death metal. I think the Evo covers most of those but the neck pickup should cover my rhythm guitar needs.
I have an evo in one of my guitars and I will say that it lacks bottom end.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Tiki Rock
Really? I played with one at Sam Ash and love it. I got my tone for all of my favorite bands. Also, what would I pair with the 7 string evo in the bridge? I want pickups that can play clean, alternative, classic metal, shred, deathcore and metalcore, and death metal. I think the Evo covers most of those but the neck pickup should cover my rhythm guitar needs.

Maybe you should think a bit more before getting new pickups.

Also, ugmung got one on the same guitar: he doesn't really like it (I think).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by music_mike
No Im not... Although I wish I lived in Riverside right about now... lol

LOL, and I wish I lived England (seriously, things are really looking good over there