I'm going crazy with the lack of bass tabs for Ryan Adams, and when I post in the tab request forum it just falls down, quick. I tried actually requesting for a tab but that didn't work either. Can anyone help with this song -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VC_vwGH_Lg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQgj_ajClJY

If you could help with either one I'd love you forever!
WEll listen to the song ya.

Then learn the song ya.

then play the song.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
WEll listen to the song ya.

Then learn the song ya.

then play the song.

its not always that easy, especially if hes new to playing bass.
Ive been playing over a year and I learnt my first song by ear 2 days ago
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
WEll ive been playing for 4 years or so and learnt my first song by ear a couple of months ago and realised how much better it was to get straight into that earlier. and how much better my ear would have been. Try now anyway.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Try it yeah, if you want a clue see if you can find a chord sheet for the song
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
If your having trouble with the notes and your playing this song in a band. Ask your guitarist if he learned the song from a tab. Print the tab and put the notes too it soo they match with the key etc.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
If your having trouble with the notes and your playing this song in a band. Ask your guitarist if he learned the song from a tab. Print the tab and put the notes too it soo they match with the key etc.

I'm not trying to play it with a band, just playing it for fun. Are there any tips on trying to learn songs by ear?
Several hints:

--like everyone has said, get the chord sheet. It will help you to hear the chord changes and know what relative notes could be played

--boost the bass on the recording

--if you use WMP or like media players, many will allow you to slow down the tempo without losing the pitch. Great for picking out individual notes and a cheaper solution than using a Tascam trainer.
Listen to the song in something that has a good bass output, kinda like a subwoofer or something. It's generally easier than listening to it on earphones.