Page 1 of 4
So as the title says, it's my birthday and it's been horrible. My dad got drunk before my family party and dinner was awkward, and then after we went to the mall to just look around and shop a bit and he started to act very odd. I had realized that he had had a bit to drink beforehand, but I didn't find out just how much until that time.

He started to act like a five year old, being silly and acting like a complete idiot. I was embarassed by it seeing as I was with my mom, my grandmother, my 14 year old sister, and my "girlfriend" who's also my best friend who's absolutely adored by my family.

After a while he "sobered up" enough to tell me that I wasn't getting anything at the mall for my birthday... I already knew that anyway, they hadn't gotten me anything, but I wasn't going to expect them to do anything for me. I mean sure I turned 18 today, but it's not like it's anything too out of the ordinary for me not to expect a gift for no reason...

So after he said he wasn't getting me anything and I was fine with it, he started to verbally abuse me, so I'm sitting in the food court crying my eyes out in front of the whole world to see, and then they left me there with my girlfriend to just do whatever the hell they wanted to. They weren't coming home that night anyway so they went back to where they were staying and left me to deal with it with my "girlfriend".

Now my question is, how do I react to that kind of treatment? Do I seek revenge on my dad? Do I just play it off cool like it didn't bother me? What do you think I should do?

all the best,

-sam
Kill him.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Dude... that really, really, really was a terrible birthday. Have a hug, man

Just wait it out, move out in a while, then write an autobiography in a few years. Then smack your dad in the face with it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Happy Birthday!

oh and your dads a dick. Tell him to **** off next time
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Xiaoxi
Kill him.

THIS.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Welcome to the real world, kid. Sometimes life sucks, but you just gotta roll with the punches.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
You're 18... leave home
[quote="'-LeG[A"]cY-']Move out. You're 18. Time to be a man.
DAMMIT!!

happy birthday
i love you
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Rape this cobra then rape him with this cobra, and then kill him with the cobra. Then rape the cobra again. Oh and happy birthday, keep the cobra.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Last edited by Thrasher51 at Jan 30, 2009,
Awww dude I'm sorry to hear that.
I got you a new wizard hat.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by imdeth
I'd ask for an explanation to why he was being such a dick. Then, a punch in the dick.

He was drunk... what more explanation can there be?

I mean I've got a few things I could say to him that would make him feel exactly as terrible as I do now if not worse, but I don't know if I should use them...
thats ****ed up man
i dunno what i wuld do aye
hes ure dad and im guessing u love him
does he do this often?
and if i was you i wouldnt seek revenge i would get a job and move out asap

if its not too private i wuld like to know if ure dad does this often

happy birthday tho man and ure lucky to have girl liek that
Quote by wizards?

I mean I've got a few things I could say to him that would make him feel exactly as terrible as I do now if not worse, but I don't know if I should use them...

Let it slide man. You're sober. He isn't.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by wizards?

definately do it man nobody has the right to treat u like that especially ure parents
Quote by wizards?

I would use them. I think he deserves it.

And Happy birthday
Blow up his car and tell him it's because you were drunk and see how he likes it.
Are all your birthdays like this?

(I dont mean that in a dick way)
LARGE TEXT
Quote by imdeth

I would use them. I think he deserves it.

And Happy birthday

They're bad enough to the point that it could permanently damage him... they're:

1. My grandfather was more of a father to me than you ever will be.

and

2. You were most of the reason that I wanted to commit suicide last year.

And Jackal he doesn't do it very often, he gets drunk like once or twice a year.
Quote by gadget flow
definately do it man nobody has the right to treat u like that especially ure parents

Ure parents have that right more than anybody else.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Can I ask what his verbal abuse was? You don't have to name anything personal.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Man, im sorry. Happy Birthday
Hope this cheers you up.
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
i would just move out like everyone else is saying. then start a band and have hidden backwards messages about you troublesome experiences....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Mines in 20 minutes. fortunately i'm smarter than you and havent reminded my family and its safe to assume they forgot
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by wizards?
So as the title says, it's my birthday and it's been horrible. My dad got drunk before my family party and dinner was awkward, and then after we went to the mall to just look around and shop a bit and he started to act very odd. I had realized that he had had a bit to drink beforehand, but I didn't find out just how much until that time.

He started to act like a five year old, being silly and acting like a complete idiot. I was embarassed by it seeing as I was with my mom, my grandmother, my 14 year old sister, and my "girlfriend" who's also my best friend who's absolutely adored by my family.

After a while he "sobered up" enough to tell me that I wasn't getting anything at the mall for my birthday... I already knew that anyway, they hadn't gotten me anything, but I wasn't going to expect them to do anything for me. I mean sure I turned 18 today, but it's not like it's anything too out of the ordinary for me not to expect a gift for no reason...

So after he said he wasn't getting me anything and I was fine with it, he started to verbally abuse me, so I'm sitting in the food court crying my eyes out in front of the whole world to see, and then they left me there with my girlfriend to just do whatever the hell they wanted to. They weren't coming home that night anyway so they went back to where they were staying and left me to deal with it with my "girlfriend".

Now my question is, how do I react to that kind of treatment? Do I seek revenge on my dad? Do I just play it off cool like it didn't bother me? What do you think I should do?

all the best,

-sam

You get some bud and toke it up with your gf
Quote by YourDad
Can I ask what his verbal abuse was? You don't have to name anything personal.

It was about how I was selfish, and a terrible person, and I wasn't the type of son he deserved. Harsh enough to make me cry...
Quote by wizards?
They're bad enough to the point that it could permanently damage him... they're:

1. My grandfather was more of a father to me than you ever will be.

and

2. You were most of the reason that I wanted to commit suicide last year.

And Jackal he doesn't do it very often, he gets drunk like once or twice a year.

Dude let it slide. Talk to him tomorrow if you need to. It's really hard to try to have a rational discussion with a drunk.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
My dad went to jail on my birthday for attempted murder, I got nothing and a whole bunch a people reminding me of it. Cheers for having a birthday better than me.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Happy birthday to you, TS. Sorry about your dad and all. My advice, just let it go and be the bigger man. Your girlfriend is right there beside you on this right? Talk to her about it, if she's your best friend, you'll get nothing but support from her.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
wow man that's really sad. just spend more time with your girlfriend and see how you and your dad do when he's sober. happy birthday!

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Jackal58
Ure parents have that right more than anybody else.

bull**** if ure parents treat u like that then they are not doing theyre job as a parent and dont deserve the title of parent
You cried in public? You're 18?

If I was your dad I'd drink too.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Page 1 of 4