OOk, so I wanna get a new guitar soon ($1000-1500), but as you know, there are lots, and lots, and lots of them out there. I’ve been looking at a couple and these 2 popped out at me. The ESP M-I (http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m2.html) and the Dean MAB1 Michael Batio Signature (http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_winter_07/mabsig.htm). I like the simplicity of the ESP, because I know what I’m paying, is for playability, not looks. I like the Dean’s looks, and, well that’s about it. I haven’t played either of these guitars, but that’s what I’m looking to you guys for. Which would you say is the better pick, and why? Any other guitars in this price range would be appreciated to.
Thanks
Check out the Jackson slsmg soloist. I went guitar shopping this week and ended up with an RR3 but if i had an extra 500 i would have went with the soloist. Honestly best feeling guitar I have ever touched and it has the simplicity bit going for you. Whenever you do go shopping make sure you try one.
Don't buy a guitar for the looks.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
From what I've heard, the Batio signature is the only good Dean signature model. ESP's are great guitars as well.
Well im not going to get the dean based on looks alone, but from the reviews ive read its apperintly a really good guitar. And the bonus is that it looks killer
Last edited by Ben12321 at Jan 31, 2009,
Those ESP's are real nice. The one I played was just a really solid, well made, nicely playing guitar.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Choose? That's really not something we can do for you. Take this information and go and try these out at a store. YOU are the one who will find what you like.
Last edited by strummin67 at Jan 31, 2009,
well yes, but were i live, they dont have these guitars in stock, they only have lower end models in the store, and to get them in, id have to pay shipping and tax for it, so thats a hefty sum for 2 guitars. So im just wondering which would be the better choice.
And thanks to everyone that has posted