Just wondering.... If anyone is, we should all meet up
Last edited by Ghost of Sparta at Jan 31, 2009,
only if ur over 18 . dont wanna be gettin arrested these days. last time Chris Hanson came.
You mean this?

http://www.berklee.edu/news/342/berklee-s-41st-annual-high-school-jazz-festival

And it's Berklee! Not Berkley, or Berkeley! This isn't California, goddamnit.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yea I know. Just a peeve of mine. Anyways, I might go but I have a lot of music practice to do myself. But I live right down the street...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea I know. Just a peeve of mine. Anyways, I might go but I have a lot of music practice to do myself. But I live right down the street...

Hey, do you ever play down at Wally's?
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Seryaph
Hey, do you ever play down at Wally's?

I've been there but I haven't played there...

Quote by Ghost of Sparta
Nice. Im considering going there after high school, but I hate winter and people.

If you hate people and you want a career in music...you're going to fail.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

If you hate people and you want a career in music...you're going to fail.

Well, I mean people as in lots of people, big cities and stuff like that.
Quote by Xiaoxi

Some of the guys who played last weekend invited to me to come play this weekend, but I know that I couldn't hold my own in jazz. I know that Wally's has a blues night on Monday nights but I just don't know if its an open jam session type thing or just a show. Do you know anything about that?

Quote by bendystraw
Stalker.

Shhhh Goddammit! He's completely unaware as of yet and you are giving me away!
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Call me Charlie.
Last edited by Seryaph at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Seryaph
Some of the guys who played last weekend invited to me to come play this weekend, but I know that I couldn't hold my own in jazz. I know that Wally's has a blues night on Monday nights but I just don't know if its an open jam session type thing or just a show. Do you know anything about that?

No idea...I haven't looked into gigging yet. Not good enough to do so yet. You can just go on their website to check.

Quote by Ghost of Sparta
Well, I mean people as in lots of people, big cities and stuff like that.

I guess, but musicians should generally be able to be open with lots of people. It's a very network-oriented field.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Xiaoxi
No idea...I haven't looked into gigging yet. Not good enough to do so yet. You can just go on their website to check.

Nah, their website just says Blues night.

Hey, we should jam some time. I'm sure you could teach me a lot about jazz. I only have my acoustic, but I am always willing to learn.

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Seryaph

Hey, we should jam some time.

That's what I've been saying like...all last semester lol. If you've been to Wally's, you've passed my house. I'm pretty busy this weekend but maybe next weekend?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
That's what I've been saying like...all last semester lol. If you've been to Wally's, you've passed my house. I'm pretty busy this weekend but maybe next weekend?

I was pretty busy last semester, so that was my bad. And yeah, I only have a guitar class on Friday and after that I am good all the way untill Monday. So just PM me or drop a comment off in my profile and let me know when is good for you.

Call me Charlie.
Cool. Will do.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Cool. Will do.

I need to make some friends over at Berklee, I've only met one or two people over here who are down to jam. Peeps are pretty serious over here at BU.

Call me Charlie.
I am suuuuper cereal.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
lol im going to be attending berklee sometimes, im doing a studen exchange program in my city, i take two years here, then another 3 in berklee
its gonna be for studio engineering but i might put some guitar, if i remember correctly i think they have "metal" classes now. Ill probably take that. But when i do go, ill talk to you guys, it would be cool to do a meet up.
Quote by convictionless
lol im going to be attending berklee sometimes, im doing a studen exchange program in my city, i take two years here, then another 3 in berklee
its gonna be for studio engineering but i might put some guitar, if i remember correctly i think they have "metal" classes now. Ill probably take that. But when i do go, ill talk to you guys, it would be cool to do a meet up.

Berklee doesn't really have classes on metal. There are workshops that survey the style, but it's really nothing that significant. Also, it would be an extreme waste of money to come to Berklee to study metal. Metal is something you can teach yourself.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yeah, I went today it was pretty sweet. I took a tour of Berklee and got a bunch of information about it. There campus is sweet, all the studio's and the library and the practice rooms. I'm definitely going there, it's only like an hour away from where I live.